Electrical and Controls Engineer
£28,000 – 38,000
My client is a privately owned SME business who provide special purpose equipment and associated turnkey engineering services for a variety of sectors. The company has grown rapidly since its inception and is constantly growing each year.
The company have had a successful 2020 and are have further ambitious growth plans for 2021 with more new markets they are looking to grow into. The company has a fantastic team-based spirit and a real culture of togetherness in achieving their goals. Due to their growth they are looking to recruit an Electrical and Controls Engineer with immediate effect.
The Electrical and Controls Engineer role is responsible for designing the electrical and software system for the projects the client delivers. You will initially receive a general arrangement drawing from the mechanical design team and you will then:
- Determine the electrical components and design required for the control system to function.
- Determine if the system will need a PLC Control system or some other form of software architecture.
- Create electrical diagrams on AutoCAD 2D Electrical that show how the control system integrates to the parent machine.
- Programme the PLC Control system for the project.
- Carrying out in house testing of the system to ensure it is fit for purpose.
- Support customers with commissioning of the system if required.
To be successful in your application for this Electrical and Controls Engineer you will need:
- An electrical or electronic qualification.
- Experience in electrical design or electrical system specification.
- To be able to create wiring diagrams on a CAD package.
- PLC programming skills would be beneficial.
- £28,000 – 38,000
- Company Pension
- A growing business.
- A very stable industry sector
If you’re interested please apply online, send your CV to [email protected] or give me a call on 0116 216 700.
ATA Recruitment specialises in Manufacturing, Infrastructure, Civil, Transportation and general Engineering recruitment on both a permanent and contract basis – for more opportunities like this one, visit our website.
By applying you accept the terms of our Privacy Notice which can be found on our website.
Permanent, Full Time
Additional Salary Info
Company Pension, Paid Overtime at Weekends
- Industry Sector IT & Internet