The role will cover the Kent & East Sussex region. Your role will be to produce MEICA estimates for projects within a multi-million pound Design & Build Framework in the Water sector. The individual projects cover the design and construction of new, or improvements to existing, clean water and dirty water treatment plants and pumping stations. Individual projects within the programme will range in value from £250K up to £20M.
Working predominantly on the M&E elements of a project, the position incorporates the production of estimates during an optioneering stage followed by costing the selected design to target price for contract award. There will be a requirement to work on multiple projects concurrently.
- Appraisal of process designs solutions, review design scope and MEICA specifications and drawings to ensure the design and scope are compliant and meet the requirements of the client.
- Assist in the development of specifications and drawings to sufficient detail to enable the supply chain to price their package of work accurately working in conjunction with other stakeholders including process, design, civil engineering and commercial specialists.
- Propose alternative solutions or processes where a cost or time saving may be made.
- Involvement in the selection of the subcontractors and suppliers for each project to ensure that the most suited subcontractors/Suppliers are invited to provide quotations.
- Attendance to site visits across the South-East if required
- Production of detailed activity schedules or BOQ's from the specifications and drawings covering all aspects of the MEICA related activities and in accordance with the Client's cost capture system.
- Obtain accurate prices and quotations for all elements within the MEICA scope and technically and commercially review them to ensure the scope is fully allowed for and identify and cost any additional requirements.
- Production of bottom-up estimates for all or part of the project using agreed standardised rates/first principles.
- Consider site safety, health and environmental issues and identify and include costs within the project estimate as necessary.
- Consider and cost any temporary works and temporary treatment process that may be required to enable the works to be undertaken whilst maintaining compliance to the sites consents.
- Production of target cost workbooks for price submission to internal senior leadership team and the client
- To document any areas of potential risk or opportunity identified in the preparation of the estimates.
- Experience of water and / or utilities sector
- Experience of working within a multi-discipline engineering environment
- Qualified in a Mechanical or electrical engineering discipline
- Knowledge and understanding of sewage treatment processes, water treatment processes and pumping systems
- Knowledge and understanding of mechanical equipment relating to sewage and water treatment works.
- Knowledge and understanding of LV switchgear, instrumentation, control and automation including SLD's and block cable diagrams.
- Ability to read and understand P&I D's
- Ability to manage and prioritise a high volume of work that requires completion within tight timeframes to meet the demands of the contract and the timely completion of multiple concurrent tenders with a fast turnaround in a Framework Environment
- Holding a current relevant CSCS Card
- Working knowledge of Microsoft office software
- Proven experience producing bottom up Mechanical and electrical Estimates within water / process industry
- Good knowledge of the supply chain within the water industry.
- Competitive salary
- Company pension
- Generous holiday entitlement
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Other