As the Capability Development Manager, you will join a small, yet diverse, team of specialists, delivering revolutionary Mine Hunting Capability through Maritime Autonomous Systems. You will provide technical advice, management and support, and develop activities leading to delivery of Mine Hunting Capability to the Royal Navy.
In this post, you will develop your understanding of Defence Lines of Development, in order to successfully deliver this transformational capability to the Royal Navy. This post is vital in gaining an understanding of the capability and development of Concepts of Use, to ensure maximum capability is gained from the equipment provided and fully supported by all Defence Lines of Development, in order to successfully Transition to Service.
As the Capability Development Manager, your responsibilities will include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Ensuring development and understanding across all Defence Lines of Development in order to successfully deliver transformational capability to the Royal Navy
- Liaising with stakeholders and attend stakeholder events in pursuance of Transition to Service, ensuring appropriate agreements are in place across Defence Lines of Development
- Liaising with all Defence Lines of Development, to ensure capability delivery
- Working closely with Mine Hunting Capability trials team, to ensure all operational capability requirements, with respect to mine warfare, are fully trialled for all projects
- Monitoring the output and providing recommendations for updates to Concepts of Use and Concepts of Employment
- Acting as the Acceptance Authority for Mine Hunting Capability Trials
- Furthering the development of Concepts of Operations and Concepts of Use for Mine Hunting Capability Maritime Autonomous System with specific focus on Defence Lines of Development
What you will be assessed against
To be successful with your application, you must demonstrate that you meet the following essential criteria:
- You will have expertise in Mine Warfare operations and doctrine, gained through either operations, or as a design authority, or other relevant role
- You will have experience managing diverse stakeholder groups
- You will be experienced in the leading of teams
- You will hold a relevant Level 4 (or higher) Engineering/Science qualification or have equivalent relevant technical experience
- You will be capable of making convincing technical arguments, providing advice in your field, and leading the delivery of successful outcomes
What's in it for you?
You will receive a generous benefits package including market leading employer pension contributions of around 21% of your salary (not including any personal contribution), annual bonuses, a flexible working pattern to fit you where possible, 25 days holiday +1 additional day every year you work up to 30 days with opportunity for movement and promotion. Some of our sites include an onsite gym, onsite restaurants, cafes and much more.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Other