Matchtech are currently assisting one of their key-partners in the search for the following candidate:
Senior Structural Design Engineer (Marine/Yachts) - Hampshire - (PERMANENT role)
The Ideal Candidate & Brief Overview:
The engineer will provide a skilled contribution to the design work for assigned projects within the company, whilst also working to maintain the technical requirements and the standard of deliverables required within our Structural Engineering discipline. You will be expected to use your experience to provide support and guidance to colleagues across all disciplines and, where appropriate, for the coordination and technical supervision of colleagues working within your discipline on a project by project basis. The ideal candidate will take an active coordination and/or team leadership role when required, overseeing assigned projects across all disciplines, whilst also maintaining the primary role. Undertaking a wide range of checking functions for engineering design calculations and drawing work carried out by other engineers within the company.
Desired Skills and Experience (but not limited to)
- Personal time planning, including feedback to support in the definition of resource requirements, time budgets and deliverables deadlines.
- Proven communication skills, with experience of liaison and reporting and the ability to lead a project team for the structural development and draughting of a design.
- A sound working knowledge of ship rules and regulations.
- Proven experience of taking responsibility for engineering design calculations and for answering technical queries, with a solid understanding of the fundamentals of structural design theory.
- Detailed understanding of LY3/PYC, LR Ship Rules and SSC is an advantage.
- Familiarity with MathCAD calculation software and Strand7 FEA software is an advantage.
- Experienced skill level in 2D CAD (AutoCAD) and basic skills in 3D CAD (Rhino) to develop and review design information.
- Full European driving license and passport.
- A flexible approach to working hours and the ability to respond to peaks of workload within a project.
- On site works, both in the UK and with the potential for occasional travel and site attendance within Northern Europe. Further International Travel as required on a project by project basis.
**Competitive Salary on offer (Depending on Experience)** + Package (Full Job Description can be provided for transparency) **
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Other