Are you looking for the next step in your career?
I am delighted to be supporting my client on an exclusive basis for the appointment of a Senior Development Engineer with experience of Gas Sensor technology.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a well-funded, growing business who boast a low turnover of staff. Working with an experienced Manager this opportunity can offer you fast career progression to Technical Director level, develop and diversify your skills and be part of an established company.
You will work as part of a team to develop new gas sensing products utilizing existing and emerging gas detection techniques. You will be part of an established engineering team working on next generation products while supporting existing product lines.
Job Description of a Senior Development Engineer
- Assist in the new development of next-generation sensors for both existing and new market applications.
- Project management from concept through to completion
- Produce all the necessary documentation, test procedures and design of test fixtures to enable products to be put into volume production
- Evaluation of optical, electronics and control systems including hands- on prototyping, testing and validation
- Perform engineering analysis
- Create drawings, specifications, BOM’s as required for development and production
- Part selection, schematic capture, PCB layout
Skills & experience of a Senior Development Engineer
- Understanding of sensing technologies is essential, ideally infrared gas detection.
- Experience developing sensing technologies
- Previous team management experience would be desirable however not essential
- Electronics background essential, basic chemistry desirable
- Experience or knowledge of MEMS would be an advantage
Why Should You Apply?
- Competitive salary
- Be part of a growing business
- Excellent career development and progression opportunities
- Work with an extremely supportive & knowledgeable manager
Theo James Recruitment specialise in Manufacturing & Engineering recruitment across the following disciplines.
- Supply Chain/Logistics, Management
- Quality - Engineering, Management
- Design - Engineer, Management
- Maintenance – Technician, Engineer, Management
- Production / Process Engineering
- Health, Safety & Environmental
- Project Engineering, Management
- Leadership and Management
Permanent, Full Time
Additional Salary Info
- Industry Sector Electronics