Environmental Services Improvement Officer needed East London paying £18 per hr PAYE Ref: 416427
This is working full time hours on a temporary basis
- To provide project management support for environmental services, to assist in delivering improvements in local environmental quality through improved service design, improved service delivery, education, advice and enforcement.
- Support delivery of project/work streams; apply proven project/programme management methodologies, tools and techniques to deliver improvements in service quality, performance and value for money across all key areas of waste management, recycling, cleansing and grounds maintenance.
- To help develop and promote technical expertise in waste, recycling, cleansing, grounds maintenance and other environmental services, promoting expert knowledge and development of best practice across the service.
- To support strategy and policy development for the service and contribute to overall directorate strategy and policy development in response to EU and national changes.
- To project manage service improvement projects, including research into best practice, innovation and benchmarking across a range of service areas including waste, recycling, cleansing, grounds maintenance and associated services
- To help develop effective communications and engagement approaches. To help people manage their waste; to waste less, re-use and recycle more. To adopt low carbon behaviour change, increase participation with recycling and waste minimisation and promote community involvement in improving standards of environmental quality.
- To develop effective working relationships with key internal and external stakeholders including registered social landlords, community groups, businesses, central and local government ward councillors and resident associations.
- Preparation and presentation of reports, briefings and service information to a wide ranging audience including committees, senior management and public forums, business networks, staff meetings and external industry seminars
- To help raise customer satisfaction with environmental services and ensure teams are dealing effectively with customer feedback, and providing support, guidance and advice to resolve issues and complaints.
- The post holder will carry out procurement of supplies and services linked to service improvement projects
- To fulfil all duties and responsibilities with proper regard to the Health and Safety Policy and any other relevant legislation in order to ensure a safe working environment for the public, the post-holder and other members of staff
If you are interested in the role, please email your CV to [email protected] quoting the reference number.
All our roles may be subject to pre-employment checks including references so please be prepared
Temporary, Full Time
- Industry Sector Public Sector & Services