Housing support worker needed in Luton ref 2972
Full time hours on a temporary basis £9.31ph
Experience of delivery Housing Management activities within a support or care setting and working with vulnerable people with a range of support needs.
· Experience of working with referral and assessment systems.
· Experience of working as part of a team.
· Experience of operating within the voluntary sector, housing or supported housing field.
· Ability to maintain confidentiality and professional boundaries in the workplace.
· Knowledge of housing benefit, income support and other welfare benefits.
· Knowledge of issues experienced by our clients/customers.
· Knowledge of the resources available to a local community
· Understand principles of assessment and support planning.
· Be able to implement safe practice in accordance with risk assessment processes.
· Ability to use a range of IT based systems and to produce relevant statistical information from information held.
· Ability to work independently without constant supervision.
· Good written and verbal communication skills.
· Ability to manage difficult situations and to use initiative.
· Ability to adapt to change and undertake self-development and training.
· Ability to understand and work with diverse cultures relevant to the locality of the service.
If you are interested in the role, please email your CV to [email protected] quoting the reference number
Essential Employment is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. Essential Employment is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
All our roles may be subject to pre-employment checks including references so please be prepared.
Due to high volumes of CVs received we are not able to respond to all unsuccessful applications. You will always however hear from us by phone if we are able to take your CV forward to the next stage.
You can also follow us at Twitter/Facebook/LinkedIn or via our website www.essentialemploy.co.uk.
Temporary, Full Time
- Industry Sector Property