Within this role, you will be working with the Tunnel Safety Officer in maintaining and improving tunnel safety standards in line with regulations and ensuring emergency operations can take place in a disciplined fashion.
You will be required to drive as part of your role and you will need to have a full clean driving license to be considered for this position and during employment.
What you'll be leading on
* Embed safety as the first imperative across all areas of responsibility.
* Proactively ensure the implementation of good practice and identify opportunities for improvement.
* Participate in the review and audit of operational documents.
* Participate in the formulation of safety schemes
* Ensure the health and safety needs and wellbeing of customers and employees are fully considered and accounted for throughout the planning and delivery of each service activity.
* Ensure co-ordination with the emergency services and take part in preparation of the operational and training schemes
* Take part in the evaluation of any significant incident or accident
* Develop early solutions for improvements, enhancements and/or renewals.
To be Successful
* Degree or HND in relevant discipline or appropriate experience, or equivalent
* Experience in transportation, highways, structures or road tunnels
* Experience of risk management, auditing, continuous improvement, incident evaluation and safety schemes.
* Excellent stakeholder management skills and confidence to challenge unsafe behaviours.
* Experience of emergency operations and JESIP principles
* Preferable understanding of road tunnel structures, systems, equipment and the management of strategic assets
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Other