Working under the direction of the Senior Engineer you will be responsible for the execution of design solutions within a multi discipline engineering team.
- To design and develop modules/sub-assemblies of new products in accordance with Product Commercialisation Process (PCP)
- To meet the Master Specification targets and ensure conformance to the relevant international, national and industry safety standards
- To verify that the designs meet the Master Specification and conform to the relevant design standards by calculation and/or testing as appropriate
- Accountable for the design and development of sub-assemblies of a product ensuring the specified quality and cost are achieved to the agreed project time scale
- Accountable for the detailed documentation of the design (models, drawings, design data, BOM, test data) ensuring all relevant information is recorded in a timely manner in accordance with TCF requirements
- Participation in HAZOP, DFMEA studies and risk analysis techniques
- To carry out/participate in and record risk assessments as required in the execution of a project
- To support the introduction of new products onto the factory flow line and where necessary on customers' sites
- To ensure engineering changes are concluded in accordance with the planned schedule
- Participation in the testing of designs
- Perform engineering calculations and undertake simple FEAs in support of the design
- Design Engineering - to design and develop piece parts and less complex sub-assemblies of a product
- Data Analysis - to analyse experimental data, summarise and document conclusions in report format
- Design Reviews - to lead design reviews for the specific sub-assembly under design (specification, concept, model and critical) and participate in other design reviews where required
- Sample Approval - to support sample approval of new parts and assemblies.
Qualifications and Experience:
- A good mechanically biased engineering degree (or other relevant engineering qualification with 2 years industry experience)
- Experience in product development and introductions is an advantage
- Knowledge of design for manufacture and design for assembly
- Experience in the use of a range of engineering materials and with several manufacturing methods/techniques
- 3D and 2D CAD skills (CATIA, Visio, AutoCAD and/or other drafting tools)
- An understanding of Piping and Instrumentation Diagrams (P&IDs) and system schematics
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Other