Important: All applicants must be able to obtain Security Clearance.
This is a fantastic time to join established and well performing business, as a Systems - Principal Analyst. Within this role, you will be able to develop your expertise and play a pivotal role in extending the company's products in capability and effectiveness.
The Engineering Analysts are involved throughout the project lifecycle from conceiving new product ideas and capabilities to gaining customer approval of delivered solutions and insertion of capability enhancement to in service solutions.
As a Systems - Principal Analyst you will provide in-depth technical expertise, supporting equally the product development and project delivery.
The current growth and ambition related to the Maritime domain, in which you will be working in makes this an extremely exciting time to join the team!
- Developing and processing algorithms based on the application of established digital signal processing approaches.
- Selecting appropriate algorithmic techniques based upon performance requirements developed with the system design team from the customer specification.
- Developing algorithms with implementation in mind (segmentation/simplification/parallelisation)
- Documenting algorithm specification and design decisions/implications/discussions.
- Supporting the implementation, debugging and verification of algorithms in software, including the generation of appropriate test data Performance Modelling, Design Trade-offs and Product Development.
- Modelling algorithm performance under a wide range of realistic underwater conditions
- Modelling the system performance against customer requirements for the inclusion in bid responses.
- Developing ideas for new approaches to the products to improve their capability.
- Specifying and oversight of trials plans/procedures to ensure appropriate data is gathered to assess the products System performance.
- Analysing Trials data, assessing against system performance requirements.
- Mentoring junior analysts within the business.
- Engineering Degree in a related discipline for example; Software Engineering, Systems Engineering, Computer Science, Physics, or Mathematics.
- Leadership Experience, or exposure in leading Junior Engineers/ Project delivery.
- Experience in communicating complicated topics clearly and concisely to expert and non-expert audiences.
- Proficient in the use of mathematic/scientific modelling tools e.g. MATLAB
- Experience of being able to set and meet deadlines
We are looking for experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Digital Signal Processing Algorithm Definition
- Trials Data Analysis
- Performance Prediction Modelling
- Performance Requirement interpretation and analysis
- Algorithmic simplification for increased computational efficiency
- Experience in the Maritime sector, with Sonar domain experience in is highly desirable
For full information, please get in touch!
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Other