The business produces integrated security solutions to Critical National infrastructure and Militaries all around the world. Using a variety of in house sensors and externally sourced sensors and software modules. The Software Engineer will be responsible for the improvements to, and maintenance of the integrated C2 application that links up all the sensors to create the heart of the solution. The design and update of the GUI, the addition of new features, and the interfaces to existing and new sensors will all be within the software engineers' area of responsibility.
- To use good engineering practice to produce software for new, innovative products and solutions.
- To support and enhance existing software in accordance with commercial and project requirements.
- Responsible for design, specification, implementation, testing and maintenance of software to support the company's products and services.
- Responsible for managing, investigating and resolving defects.
- Responsible for supporting team members.
- Work within an agile, multi-disciplined team.
- Providing estimates for software changes required to bids.
- Undertakes additional project tasks as required by management.
- Technical liaison within and outside with customers, suppliers and collaborators on software related matters
- Degree qualified in a relevant subject or with equivalent relevant experience.
- A good knowledge of C++.
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to work under pressure in a rapidly changing environment.
- Willingness to occasionally travel to visit test sites and customer premises.
- Practical experience working in a Windows environment
- Experience throughout the full software development lifecycle
- Experience working within a team to deliver a product
- Experience developing software derived from system requirements
- Windows MFC Experience.
- Practical experience of using Microsoft Visual Studio.
- Server Development.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Other