Our client is seeking a commercially aware and self-motivated candidate to manage the end-to-end delivery of small to medium sized engineering projects on operational sites. The Project Engineer manages all aspects of their projects including initial scoping of the need, competitively tendering the work, contractor procurement, site set up and inductions, and health and safety inspections, through to commissioning, training and handover to the operations teams. You will have advice and support from subject matter experts, experienced colleagues, and health and safety advisors in the delivery of the projects.
This role reports to a Project Delivery Manager and will involve:
- Managing and delivering a portfolio of Mechanical, Electrical and ICA projects, with a typical value of £40k to £400k per project.
- Responsibility for up to 10 live projects at any one time, with further projects in the scoping and tendering phase.
- Developing innovative and modern solutions to operational problems, making sites more efficient and delivering value for money for customers.
- Working with operations teams and contractors to scope, define and cost solutions that are both cost effective and have minimal risk.
- Promoting zero-compromise attitude to health and safety and striving for continuous improvement at all times.
- Complying with Health and Safety requirements, and ensuring that all projects comply with the Construction, Design and Management Regulations (CDM).
- Working collaboratively with delivery partners and contractors to ensure that schemes deliver on time.
- Financial forecasting of all live projects and reporting on value of work done (VOWD).
- Drafting, vetting and approving pre-construction information, project programs, risk assessments and method statements, and construction phase health and safety plans.
- Overseeing the commissioning, training and hand over of completed projects to the operations teams.
- Ensuring that completion documents are available and handed over including test certificates, operation and maintenance manuals, health and safety files, and as-constructed drawings.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Experience in project management and delivery of engineering projects
- Awareness of health and safety standards with particular reference to construction works including CDM.
- BTEC/HND or above in mechanical or electrical engineering.
- An experienced project engineer, having previously managed projects from start to finish.
- Confident procuring qualified contractors, articulate, numerical and commercially minded.
- Experience in the waste or water industry.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Other