- £45,000 - £55,000 basic
- Performance-related bonus between £5,000 - £6,500
- Expensed company car
- Matched pension up to 5% + life assurance
- 25 days’ leave + 8 Bank Holidays
- Phone & laptop
- Progression within three to five years into an industry market specialist
If you are an experienced Sales Manager with a track record of selling process-related products or systems and you want to work for a market-leading pumps manufacturer, then I have a fantastic role for you.
Highly profitable, this company has organically grown significantly over the past three years and bucked the downward trend during the pandemic. This growth has been achieved by providing innovative products, investing heavily in R&D and by providing a first-class product and service to customers within the Food, Beverage, Water and Oil & Gas market sectors.
Having successfully placed several commercial and technical Engineers within this organisation, I can honestly say they are a true investor in staff. They provide a flexible working environment, alongside first-class training within the commercial and technical teams to ensure you become an all-encompassing Sales Manager and it doesn’t stop there! As part of a €100m global entity, you will be presented with multiple opportunities around the world at any one of its 25 global facilities.
The role of the Sales Manager will be as follows:
- Reporting to the UK Sales Manager, your role will be home-based 1 day per week and 4 days field based visiting customers face to face
- 70% of your time will be spent generating new business – growing the install base with new customers
- 30% of your time managing the current and existing customer base
- The region generates £2m annual sales and they are looking for 20% YOY growth from both new and existing customers
- Selling a range of pumps and monitoring systems into the process sector such as Food, Beverage, Water and Oil & Gas
- Your average order values will range from one-off pieces of equipment ranging from £20,000 to larger sales projects in the region of £500,000+.
- Obtaining RFQ’s, RFI’s and RFT’s
- Reading, understanding and working to specifications and engineering drawings
- Ensure the internal engineering teams have the correct technical information & datasheets to produce competitive tenders & quotes
- Sales of additional services including spare parts
- Building and maintaining strong customer relationships
- Price & contract negotiation and closing out all sales
Experience & background required for the role of Sales Manager:
- A proven track record in selling mechanical or rotating process-related products, equipment or systems, preferably pumps
- You must have a proven track record selling into any of the following sectors: Food, Beverage, Distilleries, Pharmaceutical, Water, Process, Oil & Gas or Chemical Process
- Minimum HNC / HND or degree in mechanical or chemical engineering is highly desirable
- You must be a confident communicator with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- You must also demonstrate excellent relationship building skills with a passion for new business sales
- Extensive training programme to ensure you become an expert within your field
- Working for a market leader selling a premium product
- Extensive training, on-going support and paid further education to excel you within the business
- A financially secure and growing organisation
My client is an established manufacturer of pump-based systems with a global presence in over 25 countries worldwide. The UK based operation generates in the region of £16m annual sales, with a strategic plan to organically grow by £5m over the next five years. They are also a part of a multi-national group generating more than €100m global sales.
How to apply:
Please click “apply” or for further information, please email me an up to date copy of your CV to [email protected]
ATA Recruitment specialises in Manufacturing, Infrastructure, Civil, Transportation and General Engineering recruitment on both a permanent and contract basis – for more opportunities like this one, visit our website.
By applying you accept the terms of our Privacy Notice which can be found on our website.
Permanent, Full Time
Additional Salary Info
bonus £5,000 - £6,500 + expensed car + pension 5% + life assurance + 25 days' leave + 8 Bank Holiday
- Industry Sector IT & Internet