IT 2nd / 3rd line Support / Project Engineer - Portsmouth - a mix of troubleshooting and project work to continue to improve the IT and technology landscape for an important SME scale organisation.
This is an interesting role focused on the improvement of the IT systems at an interesting medium sized organisation on the south coast. You'll join a small team taking on a bit of responsibility for mentoring a couple of junior members and working closely with the IT manager to carry out a number of projects. There's a wide array of conventional IT sprinkled with some quirky systems and some in house developed applications and you'll be given autonomy to run with projects and an opportunity to add a few strings to your bow.
Any relevant IT certification / training would be a bonus and ideal applicants will have support, project and ideally a bit of design input experience across most of the following -
- Windows Server
- Active Directory & Group Policy
- Patching & Security
- SQL Server administration and a bit of SQL scripting
- Desktop and Server hardware troubleshooting
- Office 365, SharePoint & One Drive (desirable)
- Basic networking administration - firewalls, routing and switching
- Some bespoke application / software support (desirable)
- A bit of software development aptitude or basic coding experience for troubleshooting and tweaking in house developed applications (also desirable)
Due to the current situation there is a mix of home working and Covid-secure and safe office working and some level of home working will remain post-pandemic. In return a salary of up to £35k is on offer with opportunities for training and some certifications to continue your education and involvement in some interesting projects and upgrade work.
IT 2nd / 3rd line Support / Project Engineer - Portsmouth - Windows Server, networking, O365, SQL, application support, sysadmin
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Other