My client is a well-respected manufacturer, based in Bristol. They predominately work within the Aerospace sector and are currently looking for an NDT Operator to join the team.
The NDT operator will assist the Manufacturing Group Leaders in the manufacturing of parts through the production process, ensuring planned times for processes are met or improved; and high-quality parts produced within required performance, cost and delivery targets.
Process and inspect components using Non-Destructive Testing (NDT) by dye penetrant immersion and magnetic flaw detection processes to ensure component parts conform to drawing and process requirements with no cracks or defects.
- Involvement & attendance at SQDCP meetings in assigned area/s
- Ensuring Delivery Schedule Adherence of parts to system/route card dates
- Ensuring performance of part production to planned set and run times and Quality requirements
- Communicating Not right first time (NRFT) within assigned areas
- Ensuring H&S processes are adhered to including wearing of relevant PPE
- Recording & assisting the Manufacturing Group Leader in improving the 5S organisation of the assigned Team areas & personal responsibility of machines being operated
- Responsible for ensuring work is completed on time in full to process routing/system date requirements
- Ensuring correct materials, Route cards, drawings are used to produce components
- Assist Manufacturing Group Leader with implementing cost reduction initiatives
- Ensure times for component batches are accurately booked on the system
- Ensuring products meet quality & accuracy requirements with no visible cracks or defects
- Complete 'In Process check sheets' for your own work
- Support continuous improvement projects
- Continuously strive to improve housekeeping standards to ensure a clean and safe workplace by maintaining best possible 5S condition, focusing on elimination of process wastes (8W) – (ie: Cleaning the process areas to ensure quality of components & a tidy working area, clean down tanks & transportation devices to ensure no damage is caused to components)
- Engineering experience and knowledge of relevant NDT processes
- In depth knowledge and understanding of Dye Penetrant
- Proven ability to use appropriate NDT process
- Good understanding of quality control procedures
- A working knowledge of manufacturing techniques and Engineering drawings
- Level 2, 3 NVQ in a Mechanical Engineering based subject would be an advantage
- Working knowledge of PC based time booking
- Able to check Dye Penetrant baths, Magnetic NDT equipment, ovens, chemicals and processing baskets etc to ensure suitability for processing and minimising damage
- Salary - £11ph - £15ph depending on experience
- Overtime paid at 1.5 X the base rate
- Working Hours - Monday - Thursday - 7.30am – 4.00pm / Friday - 7.30pm – 12.30pm
Please call Harry on 07951 950290 for more details or send your CV to [email protected] to prompt a call back.
Permanent, Full Time
Additional Salary Info
- Industry Sector Other
HND/HNC or equivalent