Paterson Recruitment require a Highways Inspector to work on a temporary basis with our client. You will be responsible for all inspection activities related to the Highways Service, which will involve inspecting the quality and quantity of works being carried out by contractors and approving invoices submitted by within a specified area.
- Previous experience in highway maintenance. (Road Safety Inspection Qualification and experience is a mandatory requirement).
- Degree in IT or Civil Engineering/Construction or Quantity Surveying or GIS or Maths.
- Knowledge of relevant legislation such as CDM Regs, The Highways Act, or the NRSWA.
- Excellent written and clear verbal skills in order to produce reports and communicate to the public and local council officers.
- Working knowledge of relevant TD documents and Highway documentation i.e., Chapter 8.
- IT and computer skills required to enable you to communicate by email and use software packages for word processing and spreadsheets.
- Must be able to read drawings to locate defects on the highway.
- Ability to work to deadlines.
- A team leader yet be flexible enough to support team members when required.
- Pay Rate £25.00 - £35.00 per hour
- Hours of work: 08:00 HRS TO 14:30 HRS Monday to Friday 37 hours per week
- There may be weekend working at times depending on the project.
Project is due to end in October 2021
We look forward to discussing this position with you.
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Construction