SQL Developer/DBA opportunity - based in Kent. Salary provided on application.
Working with the Financial Services team for an international automotive supplier, a permanent opportunity has arisen to support FS IT manufacturing teams to enhance the integration of multiple systems into a more standardised common system.
ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage SQL Server databases including the implementation of backup procedures, and ensuring high standards of documentation, performance and database availability;
- Design maintenance procedures and put them into operation
- Monitor database performance, implement changes and apply new patches and versions when required;
- Maintain database performance by calculating optimum values for database parameters and ensure they operate reliably;
- Manage and enforce Server and Database security policy including user group and application access permissions;
- Manage database migration projects for various parts of the business
- Provide Business wide support in analysing, solving and correcting real time data issues with long term technical solutions
- Create and maintain reports, documentation and operating manuals;
- Refine and develop appropriate automated server processes and SQL code including windows services, stored procedures, views, triggers and SSIS
- Maintenance of test databases for the code development environment
- Provide expertise in defining new Database schemas as part of new application projects
- Extract, transform and import data from legacy systems
SKILLS & ATTRIBUTES
- Excellent understanding of Microsoft SQL Server / Oracle DB, hands-on experience in MS SQL Server administration
- Familiarity with the practical application of NoSQL\NewSQL databases;
- Familiarity with database design, documentation and coding;
- Expert in writing complex SQL queries, specifically Transact-SQL (stored procedures, triggers and views)
- Excellent knowledge of data backup, recovery, security, integrity and SQL queries, scripts;
- Experience in trouble shooting, optimizing and maintaining complex data environments
- Experience with SQL Server business Intelligence development studio and knowledge of creating ETL packages using SSIS; Due to Technical Centre consolidation programs the position will be primarily based at Gillingham however some remote working and flexibility may be agreed.
- Salary information and benefits provided on application
Networkers acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Networkers and may assist with processing your application.
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Other