Title: Process Development engineer
Role Type: Contract role (inside scope)
Umbrella rate £50-£55
PAYE - £40
Length of contract 8 months
Site based role
As the Process Development Engineer you will have a proven track record designing and implementing equipment for mixing, dosing and suspensions. The Process engineer must have a good understanding of fluid dynamics and key suspension characteristics. Knowledge of manufacturing within a food or FMCG or pharmaceutical
The Process development engineer will be required to review the suspension characteristics of a new product and design equipment for the mixing and filling of this suspension. The equipment will need to work in concert with existing machines. The main priority is that the candidate has a good grasp of fluid dynamics and key suspension characteristics. The process development engineer will have experience in mixing suspensions and filling these accurately (ideally in small quantities). Must have a sound understanding of the science
- Ultra mixing process for specific customer project; research, trial and recommend improvements to meet business goals. Implement successful improvements.
- Determine optimal equipment / process for dispensing the suspension into the blister pockets to meet business goals.
- Committed to ensuring the health and safety of self and others through all workplace actions.
- Adhere to the principles of QbD and ‘patient first’.
- Develop and maintain strong cross function relationships with; Operations, Engineering, Quality, OPEX and others.
- Communicate effectively at all organisation levels with; colleagues, customers, professional bodies, regulatory agencies and academic institutions as required
Background knowledge should include:
- Mixing technologies
- Pumping and metering systems
- Mixing of powders and liquids
- Movement / holding of suspensions and slurries
- Identify alternative equipment and processes to achieve project goals and use findings to make recommendations to senior management and the customer
- Conduct trials with alternative and/or refined equipment and processes.
- To originate and or review and approve experimental design, review data evaluation and conclusions and implement appropriate actions in support of assigned projects
- Procure and install optimal equipment ensuring that it meets the requirements of GMP, the pharmaceutical industry, health and safety and manufacturing requirements.
- To progress activities on line with the timelines required to meet business goals.
- Evaluate assigned project activities for opportunities to increase intellectual property and product capabilities
- To provide technical expertise in the necessary physical & pharmaceutical sciences, in process development, equipment understanding, product costings and capacity.
- To be proactive in resolving problems and introduce initiatives to improve efficiency and quality of process development.
- To keep abreast of industry trends, new technologies and regulatory requirements, actively seek out techniques or materials that can enhance product and process capabilities and make recommendation to line management.
Contract, Full Time
- Industry Sector Manufacturing
Student (Higher education/Graduate)
HND/HNC or equivalent