As the Principal Research Engineer you will draw on your diverse engineering background and good business awareness to shape and manage research and development projects in the TRL1-6 range. You will have a strong track record in leading technical work, managing budgets, schedule and risk. Your strategic outlook and critical thinking shall enable you to adapt the direction of the work, and team you lead, for the best value outcome. Your exceptional communication skills shall enable you to confidently engage with a wide variety of internal and external stakeholders.
This is a very exciting and potentially career defining opportunity. You will be an integral member of a team that is embarking on a significant and challenging technology development project; this five year project will be a major steppingstone towards achieving greener aviation thus helping protect our environment for future generations.
Essential Specific Technical Experience :
- Experience specifying and developing electrical power buses and controllers for heavy duty mobility (aerospace, maritime, rail, automotive).
- Experience in the identification, definition and management of transients and dynamic disturbances and responses for the power bus and controllers, including bus switching and protection,
- Experience in the electromagnetic, thermal and mechanical design of electrical power bus networks, including the requirements and limitations on attached sources and loads,
- Experience in the development of bus controllers and the management of transients/dynamics including the use and specification of batteries/supercapacitors,
- Experience in functional and physical system development as well as having held approval authority,
- Experience in the mechanical design, integration and test of the electrical bus and controller, including EMC and copper-bird testing,
- Experience in component and item testing to DO-160 as well as running electrical bus and controller tests.
- Experience in associated international standards, design practices, certification requirements (and means of compliance) as well as in service issues.
- Experience in Multi-physics Simulation, e.g. COMSOL.
- Experience in Safety Assessment and Compliance Planning, including FTA and FMEA, e.g. ANSYS Medini.
- Proficiency in Multi-domain Modelling/Simulation packages, e.g. MATLAB, Simulink, Simscape, Amesim or other.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Applications.
- Ability to design and set-up experiments and fixtures for testing ("Hands on" experience)
Essential General Experience:
- Has good interpersonal and communication skills, and can translate to a variety of audiences. Is confident and able to represent their project(s) and values in internal/external review meetings.
- Has experience engaging with production teams, can identify operational requirements and incorporate in the project(s) as appropriate.
- Has a good general aerospace engineering/technology knowledge base and can demonstrate strategic thinking
- Has a logical and methodical approach to work package planning and costing
- Is a strong self-starter, competent to work with general goal-based direction as well as more specific task-based requirements
- Has a growing network in Aerospace or Technology areas relevant to the role, and is able to identify and engage in the development of collaboration opportunities
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Other