Matchtech are working exclusively with a high-value-client in the search for the following executive candidate:
The appointed Director, Test and Trials will be reporting to the Vice President - you will be expected to develop and execute our clients Test and Trials program, across multiple programs and customers. The Director, Test & Trials responsibility extends from the development of the test protocols, through to the successful demonstration and performance of the vessel and ultimately customer acceptance of the vessel.
Leading a small staff of engineers and test specialists, as well as a test and trials team populated by shipbuilding operations supervisory and trade personnel, this role is responsible for developing and directing the overall Test and Trials Program. This will include responsibility for developing the program plans, test sequence network, design for Test instructions, integrated master schedule inputs, and the development of test procedures required for Federal Fleet Renewal Program (FFRP) new construction vessels. The incumbent analyses customers' technical specifications, along with regulatory and statutory test requirements, to develop a comprehensive shipboard test program. The incumbent also provides leadership to Test and Trials personnel during the testing evolution and directs dock and sea trial execution.
Duties and Accountabilities
- Develop test and trials strategy and plans for execution of the trials program leading to acceptance of the Vessel by the customer.
- Manages the Test Engineering Department's schedule, budget and quality within program objectives.
- Reviews and incorporates FFRP contract, specification, regulatory, and statutory requirements into test procedures to ensure technical compliance.
- Coordinates internal resources, suppliers, subcontractors, and SMC's FFRP partners to support development of test and progressive acceptance procedures.
- Receives, evaluates and incorporates vendor furnished information into test procedures to ensure tests reflect supplier requirements.
- Accountable for the development of test procedures for all ship systems including, but not limited to, hull, machinery, piping, ventilation, electrical, electronic and coating systems.
- Develops dock trial and sea trial agenda and test procedures in accordance with contract requirements.
- Acquires regulatory, statutory, and customer approvals for test procedures by submitting data, drawings, and design information, resolving comments, and incorporating vital changes.
- Provides liaison support to production test personnel in the execution of tests by providing technical mentorship and assisting in resolving discrepancies.
- Directs the test and trials effort including dock and sea trials. Manages testing activities and provides technical interface with the customer, regulatory bodies and statutory agencies. Resolves all test and trials discrepancies and documents all results.
- Benchmarks world-class test procedures by attending shipbuilding conventions, visiting international yards and participating in technical societies. Implements best practices into test engineering operations.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, preferably in Naval Architecture, Marine or Electrical Engineering.
- Second Engineer's license or greater is highly desirable.
- 10 years test experience in a shipyard or sophisticated manufacturing industry including 5 years in a supervisory role.
- Minimum 5 years shipboard system demonstration and operation experience.
Skills, Knowledge and Required Proficiencies
- Outstanding technical understanding of shipboard systems and their respective test requirements.
- Demonstrated experience with progressive acceptance testing.
- Strong management and leadership skills.
- Excellent communication skills; listening, written and verbal.
- Demonstrated relationship skills with experience dealing with customers, regulatory bodies and statutory agencies.
- Excellent technical, analytical, problem solving, decision-making, and organisational change skills.
- Outstanding technical writing skills.
- Strong customer service focus.
- Demonstrated initiative, creativity and integrity.
- Excellent digital literacy including Word/Excel/PowerPoint.
- Microsoft Project or Primavera desirable.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task, prioritize and problem solve.
- Good judgment and reasoning skills.
- Ability to work with limited direction.
- Travel between Vancouver (VSY) and Victoria (VSL) may be required.
** Attractive Salary on offer (Depending on Experience)** + Package + Equally Attractive Bonus Scheme + Full Relocation Package for the incumbent and their immediate family
(Full Job Description, Relocation Guidelines and Benefit Summery for Executive Grade can be provided for transparency)
If you would like to hear more about this position, please contact me & send your CV to : [email protected]
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Other