International Expansion Manager
This is your opportunity to join a fast-growing start-up, more than doubling in size each year, to drive sustainability in our transport networks through a deep-tech product, and to be the keystone for a future international delivery operation.
This is a golden opportunity for a technically-minded Project Manager to influence the success and direction of a rapidly expanding company, blazing a trail with a limited support network.
Our client is an AI-based start-up improving traffic insights with artificial intelligence. Their goal is to make cities smarter. Their work makes traffic lights more intelligent, it reduces congestion; spots dangerous manoeuvres on the road, improves safety; and gathers real-time data to support autonomous vehicles & traffic management alike.
To achieve this, they have designed and developed cutting-edge products using machine learning, including sensors with on-board video analytics capabilities, and city-wide control and optimisation algorithms.
The client are currently going through an exciting period of growth and to help accelerate their journey they are looking for an experienced Project Manager to support their expansion into new markets.
About the role
The client are currently investing in expanding into new markets, with a specific focus on Northern Europe, Australia and New Zealand. This role will support the International Business Development Team during sales. You will research how to deliver projects in these jurisdictions, source delivery partners on the ground, and ensure a high-quality client experience when contracts land.
This will be the first delivery role working with clients in mainland Europe, and so will have the opportunity to reinvent our processes to suit overseas markets.
Through the role, you will drive projects that help deliver a societal benefit, while working alongside a world-leading Artificial Intelligence research team.
Your day-to-day tasks will include:
- Project conception and scoping
- Attending sales meetings with Business Development Managers to offer technical support
- Sourcing local sensor installation partners
- Researching the regulatory environment
- Estimating development and delivery costs on projects, and approving budgets
- Carrying out desk reviews of sites, with on-site visits where necessary
- Preparation of the product for the market
- Working in collaboration with internal Product and Marketing teams
- Arranging the translation of marketing material where required
- Scoping and testing changes required to product features based on local market needs
- Managing sensor delivery
- Running internal and external kick-off meetings
- Solving any operational challenges that present
- Coordinating technical and physical delivery
- Managing contracts, budgets and invoicing
- Be the main contact for the customer during delivery and maintenance
- Maintain regular communication with clients
- Identify new opportunities within existing clients
- Help build and develop each client's strategic vision for our products
You have a customer-facing project management background and have experience working outside defined delivery processes. You understand the need to be available for stakeholders outside of normal UK working hours. You are enthusiastic about international work and the opportunity for international travel.
You have an exceptional ability to grow partnerships with stakeholders who deliver efficient, high quality projects, and grow our revenue base.
To achieve the upper end of the salary range, you will need experience delivering a new technical product into a new market without significant support functions.
You should be able to demonstrate:
- A technical degree or 4+ years relevant experience in a technical role
- 2+ years of experience in a fully customer-facing role or 4+ years in a technical role with some client-facing responsibilities
- Experience delivering a first-of-its-kind technology, or delivering a product for the first time in a new country
- Driving Licence valid in the UK and Europe
- Business-level fluency in English
- An interest in solving problems, and keenness to learn new skills.
- A track record of delivering projects where the scope is fluid or not yet fully defined
- The capability to quickly build relationships with potential clients, partners, and suppliers.
- Great multitasking skills and the ability to manage different priorities
The following would strengthen your application:
- Experience in transportation or Smart Cities projects
- Experience with Artificial Intelligence or deep, research-led technologies
Contact: Rhys Shelley - T: 01489 898245 M: 07521179577 [email protected]
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Other