Our client is an AI-based start-up improving traffic insights with artificial intelligence. Their goal is to make cities smarter. Their work makes traffic lights more intelligent; it reduces congestion; spots dangerous manoeuvres on the road, improves safety; and gathers real-time data to support autonomous vehicles & traffic management alike.
To achieve this, they have designed and developed cutting-edge products using machine learning, including sensors with on-board video analytics capabilities, and city-wide control and optimisation algorithms.
The client is currently going through an exciting period of growth and to help accelerate their journey they are looking for an experienced Head of Operations to demonstrate strategic leadership, support their growth, and drive optimization for their project delivery functions.
This role will be responsible for managing delivery of the AI sensors to their clients, primarily in the UK. As the Head of Operations, you will be responsible for iterating and improving our project delivery functions in a data-driven way to ensure we are always one step ahead of our rapid growth trajectory. You will own key KPIs on customer satisfaction, scalability, efficiency and quality.
You will line manage our Support and Manufacturing team leaders, and our team of Project and Customer Success managers, coaching and mentoring the team to maximise output, growing the department from 15 people currently to 30 over the next 12 months.
* Lead continual improvement of the Operations function
* Establishing, monitoring, and hitting critical KPIs that feed directly into Board-level metrics
* Supporting the COO in representing customers and operation in strategic decision-making
* Ownership of delivery processes, and monitoring internal compliance
* Scaling the project delivery function ahead of company growth
* Mentor and develop Delivery Team Leaders, Project and Customer Success Managers
* Inspire the team and encourage the development and adoption of company culture
Required Skills and Qualities:
* Analytical or technical experience: a technical degree (MBA, Science, Engineering, Economics, Maths etc.) or 4 years relevant experience working in data analysis.
* Process development and management: 4 years in a role with responsibility for designing and evaluating delivery processes in a data-driven way
* Customer facing experience: 2 years in a role with a customer-facing element
* Excellent team management skills, with the ability to work with a diverse range of people.
* A sociable nature, able to build relationships quickly with different stakeholders at client organisations.
* A natural flair for mixing strategic and operational considerations to achieve the best result for the company
A strong candidate would also be able to demonstrate experience in one of the following areas:
- Extracting insight from data
* Strategic decision-making in a fast-growing company
* Experience in transportation or smart cities projects
The team are currently working remotely; however, they hope that the office can be used again for monthly socially distanced meetings in the next couple of months and will aim to make use of this to help on-boarding this role. All client meetings are still taking place remotely too.
Flexible Working after Covid-19:
Once the offices are allowed to open safely, the company will still provide an incredibly flexible working space policy - you will be able to choose the right balance between office and home working for yourself. They expect an average of at least 2 days per week in the office for this team leader role to ensure you are able to run meetings and socialise with the team.
If you would like to be considered for this role then please send an email with your CV and a cover letter covering the selection criteria with examples of key achievements to the contact details below.
Contact: Rhys Shelley
T: 01489 898245 M: 07521179577
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Other