IT Service Management Lead opportunity based in Worthing - salary range of 65k-73k with excellent benefits and flexible/remote working options
Working for a leading utilities organisation, as Service Management Lead, you will lead and manage the Service Management Team. You will be responsible for implementing the strategic direction for Service Management set by the Service Management Transition & Service Desk Lead & the implementation of Service Management best practice, processes & procedures. This role works with IT Support teams to ensure the delivery and continual improvement of end to end services in accordance with their OLAs, SLAs and Support Models. They will ensure that their team do the same for their own Service portfolios. In addition the Service Management team are responsible for ensuring that 3rd party suppliers deliver to their contracted Service Level Agreements (SLAs) & holds them to account in the event that performance does not meet expectations. The SM Lead will conduct and lead regular and ad-hoc Service Review Meetings for their own Service portfolio and may attend reviews held by their team to review and maintain quality and potential process improvements. The Service Management Lead will join the Major Incident Manager rota, undertaking the role of Major Incident Manager where required; responsible for managing P1's & P2's through to service restoration. Key responsibilities:
- An active member of the Service Management, Service Desk and Service Transition, Management team
- Accountable for delivery of the end-to-end IT Services, within their portfolio, provided by both IT and its external Service delivery partners
- Management of performance against agreed OLA's, SLA's & KPIs; agreeing service improvement plans, as required, with the service delivery partners IT Support teams for Services within their Service Portfolio.
- Responsible for Team's delivery of performance management of their individual Service portfolio
- Responsible for Continual Service Improvement Initiatives within Service Management disciplines and processes by identifying and leading initiatives to drive continuous improvement whilst protecting the integrity of existing services
- Management of Major Incidents, P1 and P2's through to Service restoration and Incident resolution - covering an out of core hours rota 24 x 7
- Accountable for all Major Incident communications into the business by them and their team, ensuring reports communicated in a language the business understands
- ITIL Manager/Expert
- Strong interpersonal skills, with an ability to exercise good judgement to find solutions - respecting process, but focussing on outcomes
For this role you need to have the following experience:
- Significant experience in Senior IT Service management discipline(s) and working with service level performance management
- The individual must be comfortable with objectively challenging and convincing their peers, superiors and reports to ensure adherence to agreed quality standards (this equally applies to 3rd party suppliers).
- Ability to work effectively under pressure in a collaborative environment with other service and technical disciplines with demanding priorities
- Experienced in building and maintaining long term relationships with relevant stakeholders building trust with new audiences to ensure they are included in critical service discussions
Networkers acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Networkers and may assist with processing your application.
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Other