Lamonby Recruitment have an exciting position for a Civil Design Engineer to join one of the UK’s leading Civil and Structural Engineering consultants.
The successful Civil Design Engineer will have experience using AutoCAD and Civil 3D and have worked on projects related to either infrastructure, highway, earthwork, surface drainage, SUDS or sewerage projects ideally in relation to residential, commercial, retail, industrial or renewable energy schemes.
Experience in the use of MicroDrainage, Flow or other drainage design software would be a distinct advantage.
Civil Design Engineer Job Role
- Completion of feasibility and pre-planning assessments
- Preparation of engineering models including earthworks and site levels appraisals, cut and fill assessments, infrastructure design and traditional surface and foul water drainage design, including SuDS
- Carrying out site inspections and surveys
- Working with fellow engineers and technicians to translate outline engineering proposals into detailed models and designs in accordance with relevant design standards and codes
- Managing the delivery of individual tasks and activities to programme and budget
- Liaising with clients, project stakeholders and other internal and external disciplines
- Being an effective and supportive team member within a multi-disciplinary team, with shared responsibility for the delivery of a wide range of projects
- Preparing engineering reports in support of planning applications, site appraisals and submissions to statutory authorities
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering or related discipline (or equivalent or working towards);
- Experienced in the use of AutoCAD and Civil 3D
- High standard of written English and proficient with the use of Microsoft Office suite including Excel and Word
- Ability to interpret engineering drawings and sketches
- Good understanding of design procedures, change control, checking and review
- Experience in one or more of the following: Flood Risk Assessments, private and adoptable drainage design (S104/S106), adoptable road design (S38/S278), detailed earthworks modelling, design of infrastructure for large scale industrial/commercial facilities
- Starting salary £30,000 to £40,000
- Excellent company pension
- Payment towards relevant professional subscriptions
- 24 days holiday
- Private Health, Critical illness and life assurance cover
- Critical Illness Cover Policy.
- Mobile Phone
- Flexible working
- Other benefits on request
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Engineering, Utilities
HND/HNC or equivalent