Apply before 11:55 pm on Thursday 15th April 2021
Located at our Salford/Deansgate - City Centre office - M3 5BA
HMRC is the UK's tax, payments and customs authority. We collect taxes and duties from 45 million individuals and 5.2 million businesses, support trade and growth through customs and pay tax credits to 4.6 million household and Child Benefit to 7.5 million families.
What We Do
We are the Behaviour, Insight & Research (BIR) Team and we sit at the heart of HMRC playing a vital role in delivering on our ambition. We deliver high quality, timely evidence crafting our strategy and ensuring our approach to transforming and redefining the Department is based on the latest knowledge about customers.
The team is grouped into four cores ‘subject areas’:
• Customer Insight – passionate and focused on developing actionable insight from existing evidence
• Customer Research - delivering primary social and market research
• Data Insight - making use of software and administrative data for customer insight analysis
• Behavioural Insight - applying behavioural insight and testing its impact through experimental research, including randomised controlled trials
We are recruiting an insight professional to join the team. This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing team of approximately 18 (primarily London/Manchester-based), who are all passionate about how we can make a real impact on our business issues through measurable insight.
We provide deep understanding about our customers and their needs and behaviours, to make valuable contributions to HMRC by improving both business outcomes and our customers’ experience.
We do this by making use of a full range of evidence including qualitative and quantitative research, big data and HMRC operational information to generate fresh and compelling meaningful insights that contribute to HMRC’s decision-making.
This post is full time, however applicants who wish to work alternative working patterns are welcome to apply. The preferred working pattern may or may not be available, agreement will be subject to business need, and any request to work an alternative working pattern should be made prior to your acceptance of the provisional offer.
• Your work and insights will help drive new and deep customer understandings, identifying new opportunities to inspire change for the customer and HMRC.
• You will work on a wide-range of customer insight projects across our key portfolios to address HMRC business priorities.
• Synthesise and draw key insights from a variety of data sets and evidence sources, generating chances to inspire change.
• Producing and communicating customer insight in an accessible and engaging way, using storytelling and effective visualisation to achieve agreement.
• Building effective working relationships and working closely with various teams – both within BIR and across the business. You will collaborate with our partners to help embed impactful insight.
• You will play a central role in supplying to the wider capability building across the team, helping build standard methodology.
• An expert customer insight specialist with experience of developing and applying customer insight from working client side, agency, or consulting (either public or private sector).
• You'll have experience in one of the following areas: insight generation, research, strategic communications, campaign evaluation, marketing.
• Highly skilled in the synthesis of evidence and understanding from multiple sources (e.g. existing qualitative and quantitative research, management data and big data, to distil it down into holistic, tangible and meaningful insight.
• Experience of qualitative and/or quantitative research and insight methodologies, from which you can extract key findings and insights which can be turned into recommendations the business can act on.
• Experience of insight generation techniques and moving these to finding opportunities that will create change for customer/business benefit.
• Strong presentation skills and a phenomenal storyteller with the ability to put research into business terms and bring insights to life – to engage partners with the insights provided.
• Experience of client management, understanding client needs and influencing partners.
• Experience of analysing and interpreting large data sets.
• Experience in team and/or individual capability building.
• Membership of Market Research Society (MRS), Social Research Association (SRA) and/or AURA and Government Social Research (GSR).
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Please read through the application fully, links and attachments also.
We don't accept CV's and you will need to apply through this link.
All applications are anonymous and sifting will begin complete two - three weeks from role closure. No agencies please.
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Public Sector & Services