Tasks & Responsibilities
- To perform high quality mechanical assembly, to where possible, the drawings and specifications supplied by the Drawing Office.
- To ensure that machine build times are kept within those budgeted by Production.
- To immediately report any component shortages to the Shop Supervisor.
- To report to the Shop Supervisor when a job has been completed or to move off a job if there are not sufficient parts available to continue the build efficiently.
- Responsible for reporting any quality failures to the Shop Supervisor.
- Responsible for reporting any problems related to the operation of equipment used to perform mechanical assembly to the Shop Supervisor.
- To ensure that there are sufficient supplies of consumable components to perform the tasks required using the Kanban system.
- To define and report any areas for process improvement in accordance with the company's Continuous Improvement program.
- To follow both the company's Health and Safety and Environmental policies.
- To provide cover for other mechanical fitters in the event of them being unable to work.
- To perform factory maintenance tasks when required.
- To ensure that working areas are kept to the highest level of cleanliness.
- To perform any other task as may be reasonably required and consistent with duties of the post.
- To ensure that the documentation is complete and attached to the machine at all times during its build.
- Responsible for ensuring that the machine is completed and that all required components indicated on the sales order are with the machine at hand-over to the Print Department.
- To perform continual self-inspection checks during the machine build.
- To perform machine commissioning and testing as required/requested
- To be the Print Departments first point of contact if further work is required during testing.
If you feel your skills match the job role, please click apply and i will be in touch to discuss the position with you futher!
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Other