My client is looking for an inspiring and credible leader to join the service and work closely with the Chief Operations Officer and the Head of Planning to drive and deliver a fundamental improvement journey that will be a flagship transformation project.
You will be the key professional stakeholder in leading the Planning Transformation working with/representing the Planning Team in their participation within the wider transformation programme. You will be a credible leader in this space, and also able to work in a coaching space with the Head of Planning and their team.
As you will understand from your track record in planning and development management the outcome from your work with colleagues in the Council will have high political and stakeholder interest. We are looking for a candidate with the following skills and experience:
- a sound knowledge of operational planning practice within local government
- experience of delivering improvement within a planning service
- coaching skills to aid knowledge transfer and support the team adopt and embed new practices
- change management skills, knowledge and experience (Lean or Lean Six Sigma or System Thinking).
- experience of using management information and data to evidence improvements to be made and business benefits delivered
- experience of political and wider stakeholder management through a major change process including board reporting.
- Skills and credibility to work constructively with the Council's Strategic Implementation partner, ensuring the direction of travel aligns with the new operating model ambitions for the Council.
Rate for this role are negotiable.
For more information please call Daniel Baker on 07545 546 986 or apply via this advert.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
Contract, Full Time
- Industry Sector Other