The Head of Highways and Parking will work as part of the Public Realm Directorate Management Team (DMT) and will be:
Responsible for the strategic and operational management and control of the highways and parking service, ensuring that the service meets national and local priorities in a customer-focused and efficient way. To be lead advisor for the highways and parking service delivery within the Service's Directorate.
To manage the development, operation, delivery and review of all highways and parking services:
- Responsible for ensuring that the specifications and costs meet the cash limits and that, within those parameters, they best meet the collective needs of service users.
- Responsible for end to end process, parking and traffic enforcement, associated regulations, resources and dealing with customer satisfaction.
- Responsible for the management of all budgets associated with the Service, both expenditure and income. (£40M exp; £30M inc)
To manage the negotiations and operations of highways and parking services in particular Highways and Street Lighting contracts as well as back office and external support services and to ensure appropriate contracts are in place to deliver such services.
To ensure delivery of an effective, efficient and proactive customer focused service in accordance with the requirements of legislation, delegated powers, council standing orders and officer code of practice.
- Chartered Engineer and member of either the Institution of Civil Engineers or Chartered Institute of Highways and Transportation
- Degree Level Qualification in Civil Engineering or relevant subject, or equivalent work experience.
- In depth understanding of the issues covered by the Highways and Parking services provided by the council
- Proven experience of having managed an NEC, ICE Term Service Contracts, an in depth knowledge of its application and the processes that support it.
- Substantial leadership experience in an organisation of comparable scope and complexity
- Ability to demonstrate high level of business acumen, analytical skills and creative thinking within the context of this role.
- Excellent financial management demonstrating the ability to ensure that contracts with a combined value of £40 million (per annum) and that income targets of approx. £30 million (per annum) are well managed.
- Excellent leadership and motivational and influencing skills and ability to in managing a large team of individuals with diverse roles across multiple disciplines
- Experience in preparing and managing contracts, interpreting contract conditions / specifications and excellent negotiating skills.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
Contract, Full Time
- Industry Sector Other