To appropriately delegate design authority for all the company's products ensuring they are fit for purpose and comply to all regulations that are necessary. Managing the resources appropriately, the jobholder is responsible for meeting the time, cost and specifications targets of each of the projects that require engineering execution.
The role will also ensure that the engineering staff are fully trained and have the knowledge and skill to perform the tasks required by the business. Furthermore, the Engineering Director will be expected to make a significant contribution toward the Company management and its capability in meeting its overall strategic growth objectives.
- To effectively lead and manage the direct reports to the role, ensuring development, welfare, behaviours and performance are measured and responded to proactively, professionally and accordingly.
- Direct and monitor all personnel activities within engineering area including manpower forecasting, recruitment, salary increases, staff assignments and performance
- To ensure that engineering tasks are effectively scheduled, managed and deemed to meet their cost, specification and
- Responsibility for the design process ensuring it is followed, managed and improved.
- To be responsible for technical development of new and existing products, ensuring they are fit for purpose and aligned with budgets for manufacturing
- To provide technical and project support to the sales department and when necessary other areas of the
- To meet financial objectives through the implementation of cost reduction initiatives, forecasting, budget preparation and expenditure scheduling, analysing variances and implementing corrective action when
- To assist and work closely with other areas of the company to implement improvements through the conversion of customer feedback into strategic improvement plans and oversee the implementation of the same within agreed time scales.
- Determine customer requirements and when necessary visit the operating environment, conducting surveys, identifying and analysing trends to determine the benchmarking of best practice.
- Responsible for keeping up to date with current and future market trends, leading innovative and creative development within the company
- To act as a role model for continuous improvement and the code of company behaviour ensuring this is followed by others.
- Must possess superior engineering skills and be capable of interacting with all engineering disciplines.
- Possess leadership skills and the ability to effectively manage and communicate with engineers, estimators, construction personnel, project managers, and clients.
- Solid understanding of business principals including costs, margins, earning rates etc.
- Manufacturing and process control knowledge.
- Basic understanding of Commercial Terms & Conditions and the possible implications on the business.
- Good understanding of Programme & Project Management requirements.
- Maintain awareness of legislation, codes of practice and operating standards associated with the duties, as would reasonably be expected to ensure proper compliance with them.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office including Excel, Word and Project.
- Solid understanding of the principles related to Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP).
- Self-motivated and driven with ability to act autonomously.
- Possess leadership skills and the ability to effectively manage and communicate with engineers, estimators, operations, project managers, and clients.
- Recognise when to be robust and also act with empathy when necessary.
- Flexible and adaptable to the changing needs of the business and the role.
- Ability to establish and manage budgets and operate within them
- Clear thinking, focussed and ability to perform under pressure
- Good presentation skills
- Excellent all-round multi-skilled engineering capability.
- An ability to adapt and communicate effectively at all levels.
- Ability to influence and persuade.
- To quickly identify solutions and implement efficiently.
- Self-motivated and determined to achieve.
- Work within a team or on own initiative in a fair and ethical way.
- Excellent organisation and communication skills.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Other