Ranger Support needed in Heanor £9.62ph PAYE - Reference:5168470
- To provide support in relation to the provision of high quality and effective Countryside Services in Derbyshire including minor site improvement works and ensuring cleanliness and safety of facilities
- Assist with the delivery of access, conservation and environmental improvement in the wider countryside of the area, and with the management of public rights of way.
- Assist in the operation of visitor centres and shops. Including cash handling and operating electronic sales facilities.
- To carry out litter picking and emptying bins including the removal of fly tipping.
- To operate car park ticket machinery both mobile and fixed.
- To operate and induct users into the use of mobility scooters.
- Undertake duties supporting the day to day operation and management of countryside sites, facilities (including reservoirs and canals) to the agreed standards of the Countryside Service.
- To open and lock up these facilities.
- To carry out inspections and record these in the appropriate files.
- Provide information and assistance to colleagues, other councils, countryside bodies, private companies and the public. To deal with infringements of the bye laws and respond to conflicts and anti-social behaviour
- Undertake minor site improvement works under the direction of line manager.
- Including such tasks such as fencing, hedge laying and woodland maintenance work.
- Investigate, analyse and report on routine problems found on sites and facilities.
- Assist at events and activities (as required) to ensure they run successfully.
This is working full time hours on a temporary contract basis
If you are interested in the role please apply on our website with your CV, alternatively you can email your CV to [email protected] quoting the reference number.
Essential Employment is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. Essential Employment is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
All our roles may be subject to pre-employment checks including references so please be prepared.
Due to high volumes of CVs received we are not able to respond to all unsuccessful applications. You will always however hear from us by phone if we are able to take your CV forward to the next stage.
You can also follow us at Twitter/Facebook/LinkedIn or via our website www.essentialemploy.co.uk.
Contract, Full Time
- Industry Sector Public Sector & Services