Profectus are very pleased to be working with this truly cutting-edge AI client on an exclusive basis who are looking for a talented Software Engineer looking to step into a CTO role to lead alongside their technical founding team with the design, development, and delivery of their AI platform. This is a very unique opportunity to join a fast-growing start-up in the deep tech sector. They are world class team of scientists, Engineers, Mathematicians and AI experts from Oxford University and Imperial College.
To succeed in this role, you will need a strong foundation in Software Engineering / Data Engineering / Machine Learning / Full Stack Development and enjoy working on a wide range of diverse and challenging problems. Start-up experience highly desirable. You’ve built robust, scalable, API-driven architectures on AWS or other cloud computing platforms.
Their vision is to become a global leader in the AI for manufacturing industries and develop a universal artificial intelligence engine to run complex manufacturing processes around the world. They are now on their way of proving this with their first line of world leading AI technologies in the engineered wood industry.
The ideal candidate will be experienced in;
You will be at part of the core team to deliver this vision and act as mentor for your new software developers and for the rest of your team, primarily through processes such as pair-programming and test-driven development and taking the lead in correcting code defects but also human level interaction.
- You will be making managerial and operational decisions on a daily basis you a visionary thinker, not afraid to fail and is highly Anti-fragile (is a property of systems in which they increase in capability to thrive as a result of stressors, shocks, volatility, noise, mistakes, faults, attacks, or failures
- You have 5+ years of experience in a technical role, such as Software Engineer / Full Stack developer / Solution Architect / CTO with experience of taking products from initial prototype to commercialisation and scaling
- Continuous improvement - you work to learn and grow; you take feedback well and you look for opportunities to coach other members of the team.
- Entrepreneurial experience in a start-up, someone to own the tech side of the project to manage development and previous experience in product development, also Coding experience (ideally within manufacturing)
- You will be working directly with the founders, setting strategy and direction, implementing / executing projects and tasks, work on the roadmap and timeline
You will be part of the core team developing a world-leading AI platform for manufacturing and be at the cutting edge in the AI revolution.
- Competitive salary with a generous equity stake (milestone based)
- Bonus with every key milestone (cash or equity as you prefer)
- Cutting edge environment working on some of the most important challenges for the future
- Minimal hierarchy – you’ll work closely with all levels of leadership from the outset
- Package for the starting salary of £40-60K, plus bonus (on performance and set milestones), % equity worth of shares with cliff and vesting period. Basics such as holiday, pension, child-care, necessary gadgets and rest we can discuss per your requirements.
*Role is remote for now but will look at flexible working arrangement once the office reopens post-pandemic.
If you think you have what it takes and would like to learn more then please apply or get in touch on the details listed for immediate consideration.
Permanent, Full Time
Additional Salary Info
Bonus and Equity options
- Industry Sector IT & Internet