Information Governance Officer needed in Watford paying £18.44 per hr PAYE Ref: 5168458
This is working full time hours on a temporary basis
- Provide advice and recommendations to all parts of the organisation with respect to compliance with applicable legislation and regulations concerning the governance, its application and interpretation in respect of the operations, management and maintenance of data, information or records, and provision of access to this.
- Educate the organisation and upskill key stakeholders to understand and embed data protection requirements into business-as-usual activities.
- Support the Information Governance Assistant in performing their day-to-day tasks and provide coaching, as necessary.
- Support with the maintenance of organisational policies and procedures, guidance notes, templates and training relating to information governance, and to promote awareness and good practice at all levels of the organisation to enable compliance with the UK GDPR.
- Instigate, lead on or assist investigations into breaches of statutory duties or of policies relating to information governance. To identify root causes and implications for other business functions to undertake or advise on remedial action or other measures as may be required under the Code of Conduct or other policies and ensure lessons learned are appropriately disseminated and reflected in organisational practice.
- Preparation of reporting on any incidents relating to information governance to internal stakeholders, the Audit and Risk Committee and regulators as required, to ensure that organisational reputation and interests are protected, and to escalate issues if necessary.
- Assist with the development, maintenance and review of Information Asset Registers and other regulatory records including the Individuals Rights and Data Incident Logs and Legitimate Interests Assessments
If you are interested in the role, please email your CV to [email protected] quoting the reference number.
All our roles may be subject to pre-employment checks including references so please be prepared
Temporary, Full Time
- Industry Sector Not for Profit, Charities