Junior Software Tester opportunity - based in Slough - salary up to £30k
As a Junior Tester, you'll concentrate on carrying out functional testing, preparing Test plans, running manual & automated tests and developing and maintaining test cases.
The ideal candidate will be an ambitious and engaged Test Analyst who is passionate about quality and testing. The candidate should have some hands-on experience in functional testing including system, system integration and user acceptance testing. They should be comfortable working with stakeholders to define quality test scenarios and should be adaptable in identifying and raising defects. Some experience working in agile and waterfall environments will be ideal.
* Advise and collaborate with stakeholders on all aspects of testing activities
* Execute manual testing
* Non-functional testing
* Define and set up test data required to support testing
* Defect management and test cycle reviews
* Maximise the benefits of appropriate test tools and practices to ensure efficient and successful delivery
* Provide input into release readiness reviews
* Manage testing risks and issues that may affect release scope and schedule.
* Software/System test experience (ISEB Foundation)
* Unix command line and scripting
* Test script automation experience
* Ability to review, understand and feedback on technical designs (HLD/LLD)
* Test case design, execution and defect management
* Creation of Test Strategy and Test Plan documents
* Understanding of Mobile Telecoms
* Data Networking fundamentals (understanding of network architecture like routers/switches/load balancers)
* Internet Protocols (for example TCP/IP, DNS, HTTPS)
* Network analysis tools (Wireshark)
* MicroFocus ALM test management tool (used to be HP ALM)
This position is to start ASAP and will offer a salary of between £25,000-£30,000 depending on your level of experience
functional testing experience & UNIX scripting
Networkers acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Networkers and may assist with processing your application.
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Other