ESD and Scottish Water are heading into their latest Investment Programme, known as SR21. ESD will deliver a programme of works up to £700m over the 6-year period with roles spanning outline design, detailed design, construction and commissioning phases of a project.
Based at our clients Glasgow office, you will provide superior quality engineering design services to allow the company to minimize risks and maximize profits on turnkey and engineering services contract.
You will report directly to the Principal Engineer and the responsibilities will include:
- Co-ordinate the design and produce process design documents and drawings taking due account of health & safety requirements, specifications and standards pertaining to the contract
- Responsible for the technical aspects of the delivery of a number of projects and for specific department management functions and improvement initiatives as directed by the department manager
- Assist with the production of process designs which are cost effective, meet the requirements of the specification and which can be constructed and commissioned effectively
- To be cost effective the whole out turn cost of the design solution must be considered including design time costs, material costs, erection costs and any impact that the design solution might have on other disciplines
- Assist the design manager to write, update and monitor efficient procedures to aid the smooth running of the department
- Ensure co-ordination of the designs with all other disciplines internal and external to our client in order to ensure that the design processes carried out on the contract are coordinated for the benefit of the contract as a whole
- Assist the management team to instil a culture where satisfying the customer is recognised as the key to achieving other objectives, and that customers include everyone receiving benefit from our processes, whether end users or other departments within the company
- Ensure that design takes full regard of all health and safety requirements
- Degree Qualified in Chemical Engineering
- Extensive knowledge of either water or wastewater process design
- Proven track record of developing process design/mass balance
- Ability to rationalise designs and produce economic process designs
Packages include -
- A competitive salary
- Car/car allowance (subject to role and level of position)
- 25 days holiday + Bank Holidays (with an additional 5 days available to buy)
- Contribution Pension scheme
- Life Assurance
- Health Insurance
- Private medical Insurance
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Other