Closely working with the Operations Management Team, define and lead the implementation of all aspects of quality assurance for in-production phases of programmes. Internally, managing the Operations Quality Team to provide appropriate resource and skills to support the Operational throughput to ensure deliverables are completed on time and to the required levels.
Also working closely with the Programme Management Team and customers to ensure the delivered product is achieving the customer's specification and quality standard.
The successful candidate will have broad knowledge and experience of quality assurance within complex engineering environments:
- Be the primary contact for Operations and Programme Management for in-production quality aspects;
- Lead and manage the Operations Quality Team and foster an environment of continuous improvement;
- Manage and monitor in-production quality KPIs (DPU's, SNCRs, etc) and support/manage corrective actions as appropriate through the use of Root Cause and Corrective Action methodologies;
- Ensure that all customer specifications and requirements are taken into account (customer satisfaction);
- Monitor in line process capability, review and action accordingly to ensure compliance to drawing/specification
- Monitor non-conformities analysis and relevant action plans, communicating to Operation and Programme Management on quality events of programmes (quality escape, concessions etc) and reduce them;
- Monitor in-process non conformities (DPU, CONQ), initiate and prioritise continuous improvement activities;
- Champion QRQC (8D) practice and application within the Operations Quality Team;
- Liaison with the Supplier Quality Team to ensure all supply issues affecting the FAL are dealt with in a timely manner and with the absolute minimum of disruption to production throughput.
Skills and Requirements:
- Degree level or equivalent in an Engineering / Manufacturing related discipline.
- Lean / 6 Sigma knowledge and general improvement tools
- Mechanical / Electrical Engineering knowledge
- 8D analysis and report writing
- Risk Analysis
- Understanding of technical drawings/data and improvements between design and supplier (DFM).
- Proven experience within a similar role / environment at a management level
- Quality and production experience
- Competent in MS packages
- Problem solving skills (including 8D, 5 whys)
- Effective communicator with an ability to establish good working relationships across all departments and with Customers at all levels.
- This role requires the job holder to work flexibly by supporting other areas of manufacturing as and when required.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Other