12 month contract- £30.46ph UMB / £23.70ph PAYE- Inside IR35
The Umbrella rate quoted above is the Gross Umbrella rate (i.e. the rate we pay to the Umbrella Company inclusive of ALL employment costs). Please note, the rate paid by the Umbrella will be less, as will a Limited Deemed rate or Agency PAYE rate. Please get in touch to discuss the rates via these different payment vehicles
The successful candidate must be able to obtain full security clearance
Can start on baseline clearance
Must be eligible to live and work in the UK
As a Materials NDT Engineer - Ultrasonics, you will be working within a team of NDT engineers inspecting advanced aircraft components to ensure that the components that we manufacture meet the airworthiness and safety requirements of that component. You will also be involved in improving methods and processes to meet customer and business requirements for Safety, Quality, Cost and Delivery throughout the product lifecycle, ensuring compliance to design intent.
· Ensuring that all work activities comply with the Materials Engineering QMS and its associated procedures and standards, and any other mandated company procedures and standards, as applicable, identifying and proposing changes as required
· Ensuring all technical airworthiness activities undertaken are appropriately documented and records are maintained on relevant systems (IT/paper based).
· Compile required reporting, identify any issues and escalate as appropriate
· Being responsible for escalating any issues which may impact on safety, quality and general airworthiness. Understand how individual actions contribute to overall delivery performance
· Complying with, and participating in the application of human factors, error management, risk management and safety assurance within the Materials Engineering environment
· Demonstrating an appropriate level of understanding and application of the relevant statutory regulations and legislation as they apply to the manufacturing operations environment and its activities, e.g. IRR, ITAR, SHE, etc.
· Aerospace background
· EN 4179 (Aerospace) L2 Ultrasonics testing qualification or equivalent e.g. NAS410
· Working knowledge of general ultrasonics systems and requirements
· Additional NDT L2 qualifications (preferred
· Professional knowledge of nationally-mandated regulations, eg, SHE regulations
· Good IT skills for reporting, Word , Excel and Powerpoint
The candidate will be expected to be on the aircraft for long periods of time, to be able to stand for a long periods of time and will also be doing manual handling of components.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
Contract, Full Time
- Industry Sector Other