Electrical Design & Project Engineer
Location – Nottinghamshire
Salary – £35,000 – 40,000 + Pension + Flexible Working Hours + 25 days holiday
My client is a global provider of bespoke equipment for the food and drink industry with a turnover of $4 Billion. The company employ 100,000 globally and have an industrial systems business within their group with a turnover of $100 million. This area of the business provides bespoke equipment that processes FMCG products in pre-production processes including specialist conveyors, weighing machines, dosing equipment and mechanical handling equipment.
Their Nottinghamshire office has an engineering team of 20 that take projects from quotation, through design and to site installation and commissioning. They are now looking to an Electrical Design & Project Engineer who will be responsible for the electrical design aspects of the equipment upgrade and enhancement projects they carry out for their customers.
If you have previous electrical design experience and are looking to join a business that can give you a great deal of autonomy working within a flexible environment with little staying away from home, apply for immediate consideration.
The role of Electrical Design & Project Engineer will involve:
- Supporting sales meetings with technical explanations of the electrical system and how they will perform
- Clarify what the company wants from the electrical design on projects.
- Creating functional specifications for electrical systems for projects.
- Clarify what standards the electrical design needs to adhere to
- Specify equipment such as motors, drives and cables
- Produce the cable schedules understanding how many cables are required and the size, length and grade required
- Design the panel layout to show where the breakers, buttons and visual display units go
- All the systems are LV electrical (up to 440V)
To be successful in your application for this Electrical Design & Project Engineer vacancy you will need:
- Previous electrical design experience in an engineering field.
- Experience producing electrical drawings on a CAD package.
- Experience in creating electrical equipment specifications.
- An electrical engineering qualification.
- £35,000 – 40,000
- Flexible working hours.
- Relaxed company culture
- Full autonomy in the role
Interested in the Electrical Design & Project Engineer position?
Please contact Stewart Jackson on [email protected] or apply online
ATA Recruitment is committed to creating a diverse workforce and is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
ATA Recruitment specialise in recruiting the best technical and engineering talent and providing complete workforce solutions to help build and maintain infrastructure and transportation for a wide range of UK clients - for more opportunities like this one, visit our website
By applying you accept the terms of our Privacy Notice which can be found on our website.
Permanent, Full Time
Additional Salary Info
Company Pension + Flexible Working Policy + 24 Days Annual Leave
- Industry Sector IT & Internet