Our client is looking for an experienced Housing Reablement Officer-DBS to work on a 36 hour per week contract to start on the 22-10-17 until the 22-01-18 with a likely extension.
Hours: 9:00 am to 5:30 pm, Monday to Friday.
Must have experience of working with single vulnerable customers in housing need who may have complex needs. Also experience of taking part VII homeless applications and making decisions on cases. DBS required.
Purpose of the job
Knowledge, including educational qualifications:
· Knowledge and understanding of the complex issues contributing to homelessness and the impact on the lives.
· The law governing homelessness and an understanding of current issues in housing
· The range of available accommodation options and specialist services available to single homeless people
· Benefits and support available to people being rehoused
· Knowledge of relevant case law and Codes of Guidance
· Equal opportunities in relation to staffing and service delivery