As an Electrical Engineer with DE&S, you will provide technical in-service support to manage the design intent of a diverse range of electrical equipment and systems. You will also provide project engineering support to the team, which involves managing the development of Tasking Forms, ensuring timely delivery of ad hoc technical services, and monitoring contracts' performance.
The responsibilities of those posts may include, but not limited to, the following:
- Providing Electrical SQEP input to support maintaining the design intent of Marine Equipment and Systems, which could include Gas Turbine Alternators, Diesel Generators, HV/LV Electrical Distribution and Propulsion Systems, Auxiliary Systems, Platform Management Systems, and Energy Storage Systems
- Providing assurance that the design conforms to the relevant engineering and build standards, contractual requirements, and is sustainable and demonstrably safe
- Co-ordinating and managing the analysis of the impact of planned design changes on the electrical elements of Marine Equipment and Systems
- Working collaboratively with the Integrated Logistics function and industry, to provide through life support to Equipment and Systems, performance, availability, obsolescence and safety
- Providing engineering input to the assessment and management of technical risks associated with Electrical Equipment and Systems
- Supporting the development of system design solutions
- Supporting the development and maintenance of the Systems Level Safety and Environmental Cases
What you will be assessed against To be found successful you must demonstrate the following essential criteria:
- You will hold Professionally Registered status or will demonstrate the equivalent knowledge, skills and experience
- You will hold a minimum of a Level 4 (e.g. HNC) qualification in Electrical Engineering or will demonstrate equivalent relevant experience
- You will have demonstrable experience providing technical advice and delivery of successful engineering outcomes
- You will have experience of electrical systems design, testing and/or acceptance
It would benefit your application should you be able to demonstrate the following desirable criteria:
- Experience of the application of Electrical Engineering within a Maritime environment (commercial or military)
- Experience working effectively with stakeholders (customers, suppliers and contractors) at all levels
- Member of a relevant Professional Engineering Institute or equivalent body
In addition to the responsibilities above, the following technical competencies and behaviours will be assessed at interview:
- Technical Requirements, Evaluation and Acceptance
- Application of Analytical Techniques
- Communicating and influencing
- Making effective decisions
What's in it for you?
You will receive a generous benefits package including market leading employer pension contributions of around 21% of your salary (not including any personal contribution), annual bonuses, a flexible working pattern to fit you where possible, 25 days holiday +1 additional day every year you work up to 30 days with opportunity for movement and promotion. Some of our sites include an onsite gym, onsite restaurants, cafes and much more.
Matchtech Group Plc is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Other