Position Senior Building Surveyor / Contract Administrator
Location Tonbridge, Kent
Salary £50k-£60k + package
An established and growing property consultancy specializing in the residential sector
Take projects from inception to completion, including Client & resident liaison as Contract Administrator/ Project Deliverer.
Work for a team, reporting directly to the Delivery Director.
Experience (minimum 5 years post-degree)
- Regeneration – Asset Management.
- RICS qualified.
- Residential projects consisting of new build & refurbishments projects.
- Understanding full Contract Administrators role from inception to handover.
- Specification and drawing preparation.
Skills, Knowledge and Understanding
- Liaise closely with Clients, Residents, Design Teams, Contractors, Clerk of Works & other key stakeholders.
- Prepare designs, where applicable, on Contract Administration projects, taking account of the client brief, tenants requirements and design proposals both pre and post-contract.
- Assist in the growth, development & structure of a team.
- Comply with or improve upon Key Performance Indicators, work with & develop a quality management system.
- Report on a regular basis on status of projects and update Fee Projections.
- Assist with Business Development, cultivating new & existing clients to the Building Surveying service offering.
Pre-Contract Procedures and Administration
- Organize all pre-contract investigations, surveys & due diligence issues required by Clients, including sustainability issues.
- Production of the Project Execution Plan.
- Project manage where applicable other consultants on behalf of the client.
- Undertake all client funding and developments control requirements.
- Prepare detailed specification of works, performance specifications, building regulations & contract drawings. (where applicable)
- Amend contracts and prepare JCT contracts.
- Tendering (single & 2-stage) including EU Procurement Analysis & Reporting.
Post Contract Procedures and Administration
- Regular site inspections; reporting of same.
- Timely issue of relevant Instructions, Notices and Payment Certificates.
- Assess contractor payment applications & advise the client on cashflow forecast.
- Prepare Final Accounts (claims where applicable) & issue final statements.
You must be eligible to work in the UK to be considered for this role
Permanent, Full Time
Additional Salary Info
- Industry Sector Construction