With over 36 years in the industry, our client is a rapidly growing business with exciting projects and prospects across the Navigation and Observation domains.
The business is looking for a Design Authority (DA) to join them in Leatherhead, Surrey to work on specific projects for a variety of major clients.
To support the expansion of the project team, we require a Design Authority to work on the prestigious European Galileo Navigation programme. You will be working on a number of development activities. As part of your role, you will be expected to analyse a number of client requirements and the design baseline and provide technical guidance and direction.
• Technical investigations, analysis, trade-offs of solution options;
• Technical rapid prototyping
• Technical management of system build scripts and procedures and COTS deployment
• Technical management of upgrade deployment scripts and procedures (to update the
• Market assessment of COTS products for obsolescence replacement programme
• Providing design direction and guidance to the development and test team members
• Supporting customer design and test reviews, including production of data packs, responding to review comments and attending milestone review meetings
You will ideally come from a strong Java or Linux/Unix background and have previously worked on large projects/programmes in a customer facing capacity.
Knowledge of networking concepts, Windows, cryptographic/security and Oracle/SQL would be beneficial
This role is based in Leatherhead and will require full time attendance at our Leatherhead offices. It also includes the opportunity for some occasional international travel to client sites, especially within Europe.
Our roles require Security Clearance to SC Level, so you must have lived and worked in the EU for the past 5 years, and be willing to obtain this level of clearance if you do not already have it.
This is a great opportunity to join a winning team, who offers a competitive compensation package with opportunities for growth and professional development. Benefits for full-time, permanent members start on the first day of employment and include a paid time-off program and profit participation and stock purchase plans.
Please contact PLR with your CV and covering letter which would include your required salary, notice period, nationality and preferred location to be considered for the position.
If you have not had a response within 5 days of applying, please accept that your application on this occasion has not been successful, however, we will be in contact with you about other future relevant positions