Lamonby Recruitment are currently representing a Civil and Structural Engineering Consultancy in Norfolk who have a vacancy for a Civil Engineering Technician.
The Civil Engineering Technician will ideally hold a minimum Higher National Certificate in Civil Engineering and have at least 2 years’ experience.
The role will be split between home working and office. You will join the company’s Civil Engineering team specialising in Construction, Highways and Drainage detailing.
In return you will be rewarded with an exceptional remuneration package and ongoing career development.
The role of Civil Engineering Technician will be split between home working and office.
Civil Engineering Technician Role:
- Production of working drawings, reports and specifications ensuring
- Working with Senior Engineering staff, decide the format and scope of design data required for the project (drawings, schedules, specifications etc.)
- Undertaking basic design calculations with support from our Engineers
- Interpret design output (eg calculations) from Senior Engineering staff and translate to working drawings, schedules and specifications
- Ensure the dimensional accuracy and compliance with all relevant project drawings (including subcontractor design elements)
- When necessary, visit site and carry out level/measured surveys. Provide site technical checking and support duties such as checking of reinforcement prior to concreting
- Working Knowledge of: Highways and drainage detailing to local authority standards, S38, S278, S104 etc
- Computer Aided Design Software (minimum AutoCAD)
- Experience in REVIT would be an advantage, but not essential
- Experience in Civil 3D would be a significant advantage
- Starting salary between £25,000 to £35,000 depending on experience
- Company pension scheme
- Career progression
- Encouraged to work towards chartership
- Ongoing training and development with accredited training and programs
Norwich, Ipswich, Colchester, Cambridge, Bury St Edmonds, Ely, Kings Lynn, Great Yarmouth
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Construction
HND/HNC or equivalent