Lamonby Recruitment are recruiting for a Structural Engineer on behalf of our client, a Civil and Structural Engineering consultancy in Worcestershire.
My client is a small consultancy that covers an exciting range of projects on commercial, industrial and residential buildings and are seeking a Structural Engineer to undertake structural repair projects. The work would involve site inspections, designing pile remedial schemes and supervising graduate Engineers and Technicians.
The suitable candidate will ideally have graduated with a Civil or Structural Engineering degree and have a minimum 3 years’ experience.
You will hold a UK driving licence and be within a commutable distance to Worcester, Bromsgrove, Birmingham, Kidderminster, Redditch, Solihull, Dudley, West Bromwich and Stourbridge.
Starting salary £35,000 to £40,000.
Structural Engineer Role
- Undertake structural repair projects. The work would involve site inspections and designing pile remedial schemes.
- Structural engineering assessment and inspection of new and existing properties in steel, concrete, masonry and timber.
- Prepare high quality technical reports inc dilapidation reports and due diligence structural surveys.
- Undertake analysis and design using a range of software packages
- Ensure that quality and consistency of technical output (drawings, reports etc) is always maintained.
- Liaise with and lead other members of the design team to achieve a coordinated design solution that meets the Clients objectives.
- Supervise graduate Engineers and technicians.
Role Requirements and Qualifications
- Structural Engineering Degree or Similar
- Minimum 3 years’ experience within a similar position
- Enthusiastic, hardworking individual
- Well presented, professional appearance
- Good communicator, with good written skills
- IT proficient with Microsoft packages
- Work well in a team environment
- Driving license is essential
- Eligible to work in the UK
Worcester, Bromsgrove, Birmingham, Kidderminster, Redditch, Solihull, Dudley, West Bromwich and Stourbridge.
The role offers excellent career progression opportunities within a rapidly expanding, friendly and professional team that is proud of the quality of the service it delivers to its clients and a clear vision for innovation.
If you feel you have the skills required and would like to gather further information about this role and other opportunities available across the UK, then please contact Matt direct on 02394 216800.
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Construction
HND/HNC or equivalent