Learning Support Assistant needed for a special needs school in Newcastle
A large special needs school in Newcastle for children with Social, Emotional and Mental Health (SEMH) difficulties is looking for a Learning Support Assistant / LSA to support their secondary aged students.
This is a full time role that will commence as soon as possible.
The ideal candidate is someone who has previous experience of supporting children with special needs and is resilient in character. The children who attend this school are vulnerable, so the role requires someone who is reliable and able to build strong bonds with the children they support.
The post will involve some outreach work so someone who drives is essential. You will be expected to travel between different sites within the foundation.
To be part of this team you will ideally need to have:
- A minimum of 6 months experience in a special needs school
- Previous special needs experience, preferably Social, Emotional and Mental Health / SEMH
- A resilient character
- The ability to adapt to challenging situations
- Someone who holds a driving license
In return you will enjoy:
- A great rate of pay
- Join a lovely team of staff
- The opportunity to choose when you want to work or take holidays
- A dedicated team of SEND consultants with years of experience and knowledge of the industry
To find out more please contact Kiya from Hello Education on 0191 691 5007 or email [email protected]
Temporary, Full Time
- Industry Sector Education