Information Compliance & Records Management Officer needed in Manchester £17.33ph PAYE - Reference:RQ416959
some duties will include -
- To undertake information risk assessments, participate in the development of a strategic audit plan and undertake complex risk based audits of the information holdings of the Force and relevant partner agencies
- To update knowledge and assimilate information in relation to changes and developments in respect of information audit, appeals and compliance procedures and practice
- To provide an advice and consultancy service on audit, disclosure, appeals/complaints, records management and compliance matters to Command and all sections of the force and partner agencies.
- To manage a diverse audit, appeal, compliance and advisory workload, ensuring that managers, stakeholders and customers are kept informed of progress.
- To liaise with all divisions/branches in relation to the handling of information held on computer, electronic and digital media and in manual filing systems and advise on procedures relating to the collection, retention, use, disclosure and disposal of such.
- To ensure that sound records management policy, procedures and practices are developed and implemented throughout the force and to audit compliance with those standards.
- To provide advice, guidance and day to day supervision of staff , ensuring that their development needs are met, and contribute to the completion of staff IAR’s in conjunction with the Unit Manager.
- To undertake all requests for review of FOIA decisions and to ensure that such reviews are undertaken by independent scrutineers not involved in the original decision making process.
This is working Full time hours on a temporary contract basis
If you are interested in the role please apply on our website with your CV, alternatively you can email your CV to [email protected] quoting the reference number.
Essential Employment is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. Essential Employment is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
All our roles may be subject to pre-employment checks including references so please be prepared.
Due to high volumes of CVs received we are not able to respond to all unsuccessful applications. You will always however hear from us by phone if we are able to take your CV forward to the next stage.
You can also follow us at Twitter/Facebook/LinkedIn or via our website www.essentialemploy.co.uk.
Contract, Full Time
- Industry Sector Public Sector & Services