The Company has developed ambitious ESG goals directed towards keeping employees safe and reducing our impact on Climate Change, reducing energy and carbon emissions and using water more sustainably. This position requires an experienced professional with a wide background and knowledge base in project management to drive safety, energy & water capital projects. A successful candidate will have a proven track record in the implementation of ESG capital projects and will be primarily responsible for delivering capital projects supporting key performance indicators (KPIs) for safety and to improve energy and water efficiency as well as the implementation of projects to meet the ESG goals. By doing so, you will be helping us continue our exciting journey of innovation, change and transformation.
Additional Key Responsibilities will include:
- To develop capital project documentation through to execution and completion of various safety, environmental and sustainability projects to help ELC reach its ESG goals.
- Act as an SME (Subject Matter Expert) for the EAS team on topics related to engineering, equipment, and capital project management.
- Manage individual capital projects following best practices and techniques from conception, design, procurement, installation, commissioning, and final handover. Application of GMP/OTC or other quality protocols or requirements may need to be met.
- Manage numerous projects (from small to large) in tandem and ensure that internal and external resources are aligned, and projects completed in priority order.
- Utilizing data analysis, software systems available and industry best practices to help identify, support and promote safety improvements, energy & water reduction ideas and initiatives for consideration.
- Track and report to the management teams our progress against related KPI's and the glidepath for achieving our goals. Work with EAS team, End-to-End Engineering (E2EE), site management, facilities, etc. on development of the site's ESG goal glidepath.
- Work with site teams to identify and implement viable projects that improve safety and sustainability at the facility. These may include small non-capital projects or process changes. Engage employees at all levels in identifying and implementing solutions.
- Liaise with equipment end users and affected departments to gather design and function requirements with respect to productivity, safety and ergonomics, for inclusion within the project plan brief and to produce considered and completed User Requirement Specifications.
- Supervise support during the successful implementation / introduction of any new equipment into the workplace. With a key focus on ensuring all Health and Safety requirements are adhered to during installation / commissioning works.
- Ensure that all project related work is carried out on time, to budget, is "fit for purpose" and delivers to the highest standard and current best practice. Ensure customer requirements are not only met in full but aim to exceed.
- Work independently on individual projects and part of the Project team on group projects.
- Contribute to the process of selecting and ordering all new major production/process equipment to ensure continuity of standards and that all practical "installation" implications are considered
- Obtain competitive quotations to complete major capital works through a formal tendering process. Plan, negotiate and implement schedules of work for all major projects with the effected internal departments and external contractors.
- Prepare Project Plans, including justification for major and minor capital projects for submission for local Senior Management Stakeholder approval and subsequent launch for approval. Once approved, maintain a computerized schedule of works of all major engineering projects (e.g. MS Project).
- Compile and share best practices within the region and with peers on the other major campuses as well as the E2EE team.
- Lead cross-functional / multi departmental teams in the completion of project works (for example URS requirements, FAT, SAT) and oversee HARA implementation at the campus.
- Be an ambassador of change supporting multi-departmental groups through the project change management process.
Characteristics a successful candidate will have:
- Coaching, influencing, team building with colleagues that are not direct reports or within EHS organization
- Advanced project management skills with attention to detail
- Good negotiation skills such as tendering process with external suppliers matched up with a solid understanding of cost implications
- Strong operational and professional technical engineering background along with the experience necessary to support the new ESG goals related to safety, energy and water reduction set by the Company.
- Must be technically organized, have excellent follow-up skills as well as interpersonal skills in order to present information in manners which are usable based on a variety of audiences.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills. Ability to adjust communication style based on the situation and the audience. Report to senior management on progress on ESG goals.
- Experience with data analysis, spreadsheets, numeracy skills and software experience in building management, capital management, or solar arrays (e.g., energy monitoring software, quickbook) and reporting software (e.g., cr360).
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Other