An ‘Outstanding’, Purpose-built SEN School are looking for a SEN Teacher to support two Primary cohorts. The first half of your week will be spent in a KS2 SLD,PMLD class who have Complex Learning Needs associated with Autism. You will be supported by a member of Middle-leadership, so this will be great opportunity for an NQT or someone who enjoys co-teaching! You have the opportunity to be actively involved with leading observations, tracking progress and the development of EHCPs. The last half of the week will be spent in a KS1 class with a group of children who are incredibly interactive and so you will be independently teaching this class, with the support of 2 TA’s.
To make a positive impact here:
- You will be patient, creative and enthusiastic in your lesson delivery and classroom management.
- Ideally you will have experience working with children who have Special and/or Additional Needs, including Autism (verbal and non-verbal), SLD, PMLD and emotional behaviour. However, those with limited experience but a real passion for SEN are welcomed to apply
- Keen to learn from Leadership team
- Confident leading lessons independently
- Must hold QTS and have an up-to-date DBS.
- Access to 2 References
- Immediately available
- This modern school is fitted with excellent facilities including a swimming pool, specialist suites, sensory rooms and beautiful sensory outdoor areas.
- On site Specialists and Therapists
- Good transport links and parking available
COVID-19 Notice - We will not be interviewing candidates face to face, we will instead be interviewing via video link where possible or speaking via phone call. Vetting procedures will be carried out online.
UCM Education specialise in placing Teachers and support staff in schools and nurseries throughout the UK. Due to the number of applications we receive for job posts, we cannot contact all unsuccessful applicants. We are an Equal Opportunities Employer. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff to share this commitment.
Contract, Full Time
- Industry Sector Education
Less than 1 year