To lead, manage and develop exceptional, high quality, high performing good value and efficient front-line fleet of up to 500 vehicles and community transport operations / services in support of the council's priorities and improved outcomes for residents and the borough.
To lead and manage services, teams and employees of the corporate fleet and transport service working in collaboration with and on behalf of other council services, teams and with residents and community organisations, borough partners and supporting the council's vision, values, behaviours. This includes excellence in customer service, innovation and continuous improvement.
To have responsibility for all operational performance and improvement in relation to the following services:
- The management and maintenance of the Council's vehicle fleet including Heavy Goods Vehicles and Public Service Vehicles.
- Long-term programme of fleet acquisition, retrofitting and electrification of the transport fleet in accordance with the council's net zero carbon ambitions including the delivery of electric charging infrastructure and the reduction of the fleet.
- Provision of the Council's community transport services (including Special Education Needs (SEN) Transport Service) on behalf of other council departments.
- To make an active contribution to the extended senior leadership team for the department, taking responsibility for departmental and corporate priorities and initiatives.
Delivery of front-line corporate fleet and transport services
- Take responsibility for leading and managing and all aspects of the corporate fleet and community transport services including operational delivery, key project delivery and service improvement programmes to support the Council's key commitments and targets.
- Working alongside the Service Director, report on and advise the council and corporate director on new developments, industry innovation, good operating practice and regional / national policy and the implications for the council in relation to corporate fleet operations and maintenance and community transport services.
- Exercise responsibility for the delivery of statutory obligations (including the Operator License holder and act and operate to the highest standards in accordance with the council's plans, financial regulations and Standing Orders, ensuring the provision of an exemplary service to the council and its customers.
Strategy Development & Business Planning
- Working alongside the service director and senior management team, co-ordinate the development and delivery of evidenced based strategies, action plans and annual service/business plans for services and teams,
- the service directorate and department incorporating key programmes, projects, targets etc. engaging managers, other services, councillors and staff in their development.
- Performance & Project Delivery Deliver better outcomes for residents and the borough and improved performance through the development and delivery of service improvement initiatives and projects and through effective management of performance including the introduction of quality management systems and effective use of management information and data.
- Co-ordinate the development and delivery of key programmes and projects including business case development, developing funding and resourcing plans, effective project management and governance mechanisms and reporting though to successful implementation. Ensure innovation and continuous development needed for the achievement of planned outcomes including financial and risk management, and effective resource planning.
Residents, Customers & Digital Innovation
- Manage services and operations to be responsive to customers and residents including active resident and councillor engagement, ensuring that all systems and processes within service are designed effectively for residents and service users, have clear purpose and are cost effective.
- Develop programmes and projects to support exemplary internal and external customer service and experience alongside developing clear customer service standards and service level agreements with an emphasis on digital services.
- Use digital innovation to support the delivery of accessible and convenient services and improvements and efficiencies to the Corporate Fleet operations service.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
Contract, Full Time
- Industry Sector Other