Overview of the role:
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Senior Test and Development Engineer to join the Excavator Engineering team responsible for Compact, Heavy and Wheeled Excavators.
Your Responsibilities as a Senior Test & Development Engineer:
Reporting to the Test and Development Manager, the successful candidate will join a highly focused, passionate team, working on exciting new programmes to both maintain and further extend their Excavator range of machines; your main duties would include:
* Test and development of new and current product designs.
* Machine driving and operation, including benchmarking.
* Problem analysis and proposal of design solutions.
* Analysis, reporting and presentation of test results.
* Design, commissioning and operation of test rigs.
* Liaise with internal / external customers / departments, as required during projects.
* Assume responsibility for smaller projects/machine areas, dependant on experience.
* Product homologation and legislative conformance.
* Provide information for Engineering Sign Off records, DVPSOR's and Technical Construction Files.
* Supervision of XP resource allocated to assist with development tasks and support prototype builds.
* Attend design / development meetings and reviews with the Engineering Management as appropriate.
* Degree / HND in Mechanical / Electrical Engineering or have equivalent experience.
* Experience in the design / development of off highway vehicles (ideally 360° Excavators).
* Good working knowledge of drivetrain, hydraulics and electrical / electronic systems.
* Enthusiastic attitude, coupled with a sense of urgency and desire to succeed.
* Good teamwork and communication skills with ability to influence change.
* Good working knowledge of data acquisition, processing and vehicle testing.
What's in it for you?
Our client will work with you to support your career progression and development. They will provide a competitive salary, company pension scheme, medical insurance and dental care schemes, access to the company's healthy living centre and 33 days annual leave.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Other