If you have the pride, passion and commitment to be part of an exciting organisation at the forefront of supporting our country's armed forces to deliver on operations at home and abroad, then apply online now! We recognise the challenges that people with (multiple) protected characteristics may experience on the job market and in their career progression. We are fully committed to being an inclusive employer and ensuring equal opportunities. We are keen to make our workforce as diverse as possible, and we hope to attract applications from underrepresented groups, including Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) people, people with a disability, and people with gender diverse identities. You will be based out of the location listed above in the advert, however, DE&S and the SDA both support Smarter working, which empowers you to make decisions about when, where and how you work.
Exciting opportunities have arisen to be part of a small Commercial team managing a portfolio covering a number of Contracts within HMNB Clyde which will include taking the lead on the management of high profile and complex Contracts for the provision of Soft Facilities Management and Hard Facilities Management and Alongside Services across the Naval Base sites. You will closely support senior management with, or personally leading on specific work streams, supporting cross functional teams or leading on senior stakeholder engagement. Alternatively you may be charged with delivering maximum value via contract management activities, influencing commercial strategy and addressing the consequences of any changes that occur. You will also work closely and collaboratively with a variety of people, advising others as a Commercial professional and being seen as a knowledgeable expert. You will support the Clyde Commercial Team with Procurement and Contract Management activities across the wider portfolio of contracts as required to support fluctuations in workload, taking a proactive, best practice approach to the work you deliver.
To provide Senior Commercial Practitioner level expertise covering assignments within contract sourcing and contract management.Provide commercial leadership of a portfolio/or portfolios of contracts, manages delivery of business and commercial outputs. Provide leadership of commercial colleagues.
- Accountable for determining the appropriate commercial strategy for project requirements within own delegation.
- Drafting the strategy plans, commercial management plans and facilitating/delivering it or making recommendations for action to Senior Leadership, ensuring all contracts adhere to EU procurement regulations and Government policy.
- Lead contract management for MOD of Category A-D contracts and ensure all parties are held accountable to meet their contracted obligations to ensure effective delivery of contract requirements.
- Develop and deliver Pre-Qualification Questionnaire (PQQ), Invitation To Tender (ITT) and contract documentation ensuring adherence with MOD policy and legislation.
- Negotiate terms and pricing, place and manage contracts and contract amendments up to a maximum delegation of £10M in accordance with set guidelines outlined in the individual's delegation letter and MOD policy.
- Support negotiation and contract placement above delegation when required and highlight novel and contentious issues to Senior Leadership to ensure satisfactory resolution.
- Communicate in a timely manner with a range of internal and external stakeholders including Senior Leadership, suppliers and Subject Matter Experts.
- Lead/ manage staff where required, advising, coaching and developing Commercial Assistants and Commercial Officers as required.
- Conduct assurance and due diligence of commercial activity within own area of responsibility in order to provide confidence in commercial outcomes. Participate in Peer Reviews as required.
- Provide support and assistance to commercial enabling teams to assist delivery of DE&S Business Improvement projects.
- Contribute to wider Commercial functional and DE&S initiatives as required
Please note, due to the nature of work, these posts are open the Sole UK Nationals only.
What you will be assessed against To be successful with your application you must demonstrate that you meet the following essential criteria:
- Ability to achieve Government Commercial Function (GCF) professional standard through Practitioner Level Accreditation Panel
- Proficient IT skills including Microsoft Office and ability to use IT systems and programmes
- Relevant contract sourcing and/or contract management experience
It would benefit your application if you be able to demonstrate the following desirable criteria:
- Hold a minimum of a CIPS Level 4 Foundation Diploma and be willing to work towards achieving and obtaining Levels 5 and 6, including attendance at defence commercial professionalism courses to develop commercial skills and ensure on-going Continuing Professional Development.
Networkers acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Networkers and may assist with processing your application.
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Other